1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

preethi mixie

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by monapaul, Apr 18, 2008.

1. monapaul

monapaul New IL'ite

hi guys,
    my neighbour has preethi chefpro ,it gets stopped when it overloaded ,but it doesnot have release button ,becos many have it has a release button when overloaded and it takes atleast 10 minutes to work again. actually her mom bought it from india 6 months before ,so she doubts whether it is original or fake. as i dont know much idea. please give your ideas and suggestions to help her

2. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Monapaul,

Acctually i too have Preethi chefpro plus, which i got 2 yrs back from India. Its works fine(touch wood).Ask her to check under the machine towards left side. It should have overload release button as red small button.

I only changed small jar bush few days back.I got few extra bush and washer from the same shop where i purchased.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  3. monapaul

monapaul New IL'ite

hi usha,
    thanks you for the reply. i checked thoroughly myself after seeing the reply.but red button provision is not there.i am very sure it is chefproplus with 3 jars and 1 polycarbonate storage jar. so is there different models . is it possible to make service.

4. vidyasriram

vidyasriram Senior IL'ite

Hi,

It should have a red or black color release button. Find out if there are Indian electronic store in your place they will service it for you.

-Vidya

5. Sri2007

Sri2007 New IL'ite

yes i have Preeti too. it has a red overload button under the m/c. try ur local Indian appliance store ..they might be able to help u

6. shobanaj

shobanaj Senior IL'ite

Hi monapaul,

I too came across the same situation and i started searching in google for the solution, i landed in this thread where i did not get the solution. But i got a number (Preethi repair services in NJ) from the internet, i called them up but they said my model has been discontinued, please get the mixie repaired in any Indian store. I felt so bad. I searched thoroughly but my mixie did not have the overload protector button.

So i turned off the mixie for 1/2 hour or so and i retried it, it started working fine. So the solution for your question is, some preethi models have inbuilt overload protector button, that gets released after 1/2 hour or after the motor cools down. I know that you have found out this solution already, but for the benefit of other members, am providing the solution.

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  7. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi mona,

mine also has the overload button. may be it is fake. my friend has a preet mixie he knows that it is not original but still he wanted to go for it for the sake of price. so do check the name. if everything looks fine check with the nearest indian store they might help u.

8. poorninyc

poorninyc New IL'ite

Hi Shobanaj, Can u pls tell me where the repair center in JErsey is? I checked for it online but could not find anyComputer Typing. Please help.

I got my mixie in India. It worked fine the first time I tried it. The second time was a disasterRant. It started to over heat & smell really bad after using it for 2 minutes to grind for dosa. Please help!!!

Re: preethi mixie

<hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> I too came across the same situation and i started searching in google for the solution, i landed in this thread where i did not get the solution. But i got a number (Preethi repair services in NJ) from the internet, i called them up but they said my model has been discontinued, please get the mixie repaired in any Indian store. I felt so bad. I searched thoroughly but my mixie did not have the overload protector button.

9. jackrabbit

jackrabbit New IL'ite

Re: preethi mixie service centre (NJ US ) number

I have been searching on the net for the Preethi mixie service centre number. Could you or someone kindly post it here?

10. madhurisatya

madhurisatya Silver IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I am using Preethi Echo Plus. My mixer has overload button too.I found one thread with similar issue .Please have a look at this thread.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s.../53743-preethi-mixie-stops-when-grinding.html

If mixer stops due to overload, disconnect from power and wait for sometime.And also donot grind for long time continuously.

Give few seconds interval between each time of grinding.

Make sure you add enough water while grinding batters or chutneys.

I think makes and models are different not because they are duplicate or something.

This i learnt from my experience while using preethi echo plus.

This is the link for service center contact details and address which i found in preeth website.
    Preethi - Service Centres=

USA service center:
    PERFECT PENINSULA INC. 1041,
    Sweet Grass Trial, Flower Mound, TX 75028.
    Tel: 1-972-691-0686. Fax: 1-442-705-0089. info@perfectpeninsula.com

Check out ::preethi::

Hope this informations is useful for you.

Thanks