1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Precious

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by nandinimithun, Sep 26, 2017.

1. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

The traffic signal came to a halt as the lights turned to red. A truck went by leaving a cloud of smoke and dust in its wake. As the dust settled i saw them standing on the divider.

She was dressed in a beige white uniform and looking around, bored and waiting for her school bus.He wasn't looking around at all except the bundle of the joy he held in his hands, few years back,swaddled tightly in a cute pink blanket. Now she was all of 4 and he still couldnt stop admiring her.

And right there, in the middle of the road, with traffic whizzing by on either side, he bent down and kissed the little pink chapped cheek peeking out. Again and again and again. He couldnt stop kissing his baby and he didnt care that he was waiting for her school bus and he didnt care what the world thought about a man so openly smitten by his baby.

Her bus came,off she hopped in like a little bunny,the lights turned to green and jerked to life. Here he was still with a smile on his face and waving his hands....I turned around my neck to keep the school bus in my sight as long as possible, only to get a glimpse of that little girl.

It's always beautiful to watch a father falling in love with his daughter.

Smileyshravs likes this.