Precautions to be taken during first Trimester

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Ashima, Sep 3, 2007.

1. kiran21181

kiran21181 New IL'ite

Re: How to take care of ourself in first trisemister????

Hi all ,

thanks a lot for your reply . i do have another query that I feel lonely these days & don't know why there is negative thoughts occurring in my mind . I am trying to keep myself busy for all the day still I have this problem .Plz suggest me what should I do ???

thanks in advance,
    kiran

2. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Kindly engross yourself in reading some holy books, novels. You can also indulge into knitting. Listen to some good music, holy songs.

Try and keep yourself occupied with work at home incase you are not working.

Regards,
    Lynette

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  3. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Hello Kiran,
    This is the time you really need peace and happiness at mind. Once you get the baby,you dont get time. So, take this time as an opportunity to visit any places of your choice which are near by. Just spend some time with your favourite persons, friends, parents and siblings that will throw away all you loneliess.

4. love

love New IL'ite

Hey Kiran,

As we r far away from home and our dear most friends, I too feel the same.Me too pregnent for 2 months and trying to cope up with the loneliness by hearing music,sitting in front of the computer,doing some exercise......thinking of the good old fun days at college.....when is u r due?

love.

5. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

Hey Kiran, Love,

Dont feel lonely.. We are all here for you whenever you need :)
    Think about your baby, if you want your baby to be happy happy baby then see some comedy movies or jokes and try to be happy happy :)
    You are wonderful, giving birth to baby is soo wonderful.. Think how lucky you are that God gave you this chance.. so take full advantage of it..
    Enjoy, be happy.. If you are happy then everyone around you will be happy.. :)

I am also Pregnant now, i just feel like talking talking and talking so much.. so i made some real nice friends in IL and i keep talking to them.. :)

:thumbsup

6. kiran21181

kiran21181 New IL'ite

Hi all,

thanks for your kind words , I have some queries regarding

how should I sleep ? I mean on my back or on one side ?

Can I have salty cashews & almonds & Raisins or I have to eat plain one ?
    Can I eat Grapes ,Guava,watermelon, figs in these days
    How If I ate chocolates ? B'coz I love chocolates I cant stop myself ,Plz help me.

thanks,
    kiran

7. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Kiran Congratulations on your pregnancy.

As your tummy grows you may need to sleep on your sides,so if you want to get used to it now,you can practise that.

Watermelon and grapes are good ,so you can have them.

8. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hi Kiran,

You can sleep on your back and left side. While sleeping on your back you need to keep two oblong round pillows/ or any pillows below your legs so that your legs are slightly elevated. This will help in blood circulation.

I am in the eight month, I still prefer sleeping on the back and then turn to the left side. Left side is also good for blood circulation to the foetus.

Try and avoid dry fruits at this stage, because it is the initial stage and you need to avoid dry fruits because they are heaty in nature. Chocolates should be taken in moderation because even chocolate is heaty in nature.

All the fruits can be taken. However figs are bit heaty in nature so try to have the fruit in moderation. Its basically our body type, and if you have a heaty mechanism you should avoid eating figs and dry fruits.
    Salty cashews have salt content this will later lead to water retention and swelling of legs. In initial stages you may not understand but it may show up later. Salt to be taken in moderation.

Also I tend to get cold after having guava and watermelon so I take them in moderation or do not have them at all. The same may not be the case with you.

You can also indulge in fruits like apples, bananas, oranges, sweet limes, chikoos.

Regards,
    Lynette

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2009
  9. radipraveen

radipraveen New IL'ite

Hi Lynette,

Thanks for the wonderful document. Am in my 3rd month and so confused about eating right as i keep getting so much of advice :)

Regards
    Radhika

10. happyn25

happyn25 Bronze IL'ite

1st pregnancy and initial months of pregnancy , we r always confused , specially if no elder is around . and frds n relatives will give u different advices , sum will tell u to avoid sum fud and others will tell u to eat dat very fruit.
    even i got confused many times.
    best is to eat evrything in moderation and eat neutral fud which is generally recommended
    like milk, dal, green leafy veges , salads fruits like apple, orange, kiwi , banana

all the best , stay calm and dont wrry tc :) god bless