Pre-pregnancy.how To Prepare Body And Mind

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by star90, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Archanaanchan

Archanaanchan IL Hall of Fame

@star90 Move on with this white- black thought and start working towards conceiving. Appreciating what you have is the foremost thing you should do. Focus on getting a healthy baby. Color cant judge one ! And you better understand the fact that there is really nothing that you could do about the skin tone! Its purely a genetic phenomenon.
    I wish you good luck with pregnancy.

Sweety82 and shravs3 like this.
  2. star90

star90 Senior IL'ite

thanks for the reply..
    I dont have an issue about being fair or dark or I wouldnt have married my husband.
    I am saying it would be a tough situation if I get a daughter who is coloured. I want to know how I can deal with it because I have no experience . People in our society treat dark people in a not so good way. My friends who are dark are still unmarried. The guys have it easier like my husband. Even my husbands family said they rejected many girls though they were better than me in many aspects just because of colour.. Is that fair?
    being judged for ones skin tone ?

when will this world change? do you think after 15 years India there will be any considerable change in our society ?

3. Stardust1990

Stardust1990 Senior IL'ite

Dear op,
    Most important tests are blood tests. Having a thyroid and iron level normal is important. You can start talking folic acid from now. If you are taking any medications or using topical creams or serums look into it. I am fair and my husband is dark. My kid is in between most kids are born that way. He married you to increase chance of a fairer kid. But again genetically speaking the kid is likely to be a in-between tone.Also use a sperm friendly lubricant like pre seed which helps you conceive very fast. If you are Slightly overweight it should be fine.And enjoy pregnancy and stop worrying about colour of baby. Eat well and do the best for your health

4. chasingdreams

chasingdreams Bronze IL'ite

Dear OP,

If you are keen on getting yourself checked out to prepare for pregnancy, go visit a good gynec and she/he will suggest few baseline tests. Exercise and healthy food intake is important. It is also very important to not stress about conceiving .Instead, try to relax and go with the flow. You need to be at your best physically and mentally,try to conceive and hope for a positive outcome,the rest is not in your hands.
    About the baby's complexion, i would agree with what others have mentioned. A healthy baby is more important than a fair baby. We cannot control how the society will treat our kids, we cannot shield them from harsh comments or experiences, We can only try our best to instill self confidence and positive body images in our babies so that such bad experiences will not affect them much. Children are like sponge,they absorb a lot from the people around them especially the parents. It is important for you to believe (and behave) that your kid's mind,intelligence and the core values you want him/her to imbibe are more important than the physical attributes (be it complexion, hair type/texture or body shape)

5. Rosey2018

Rosey2018 Bronze IL'ite

There will be a change in thinking look at certain dark Bollywood female celebs.

Even if you have a dark skinned daughter you can help her out. It’s not the end of the world.A lot of women use turmeric for fairness and shade their daughters from the sun. Plus people don’t just judge on looks there’s education, family, morals etc. A lot of people like dark skin. It’s just those that are ignorant treat others unfairly.

Quit stressing as you don’t know what you will have boy girl dark skinned or fair. You shouldn’t care what people think. Love yourself first and then treat ur future kids to love themselves. I’m sure you’ll have a beautiful child. Pray for a healthy child. Calamities can fall on anyone. Beauty isn’t permanent. There nothing wrong with dark skin. Usually what matters... is that which is on the inside...that what’s catches people’s attention.

6. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

Dear OP ,

It is a good question on how to prepare your body and mind to get into next stage in life. You can start with a good BMI. Do exercise and get to a good BMI. That is the base. Healthy mom= Healthy baby.

Baby being white, dark, healthy, skinny, chubby it all depends on what you eat and how relaxed you are! God has his own calculations. Better you do your part and leave the rest to god and trust him.

There are few prenatal meditation and counseling videos if you are interested, check out.

Pregnancy materials

Pregnancy materials - YouTube

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    ashima10 likes this.
  7. magicwand007

magicwand007 Bronze IL'ite

I mean seriously ...do you even know how many people suffer when their babies are not born healthy.Lady,please change your mindset first..instead of praying for a healthy baby this is ridiculous.And who is that most intelligent friend of your’s who has given you that excellent information about light and dark sperm ...

shravs3 likes this.
  8. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

@star90
    You already got several good replies here for your questions. I just want to stress on one thing here:
    Be the change you want to see! Period!
    If you want the world to change and not judge anyone with superficial things like skin color, then don't you think it makes no sense for you to give importance to it? You need to teach you child to stand up against it and stay strong. Please change your attitude of wanting a light skinned child.
    I wish you good luck!

Sweety82 likes this.