Pre-pregnancy.how To Prepare Body And Mind

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by star90, Apr 26, 2018.

1. star90

star90 Senior IL'ite

Hello all
    I want to know , what tests I should take before preparing for pregnancy.
    How can I prepare my body ? I suffer from P COD and I am in my late twenties.
    Its my first pregnancy and I am planning to conceive in the next few months.
    Is cesarean safe ? what are the side effects?

What are the tests a male should take ? How can I find out if I am Rh - or RH+.
    I am overweight , will that affect my pregnancy? I will be visiting a doctor next month. Thought of posting about this and getting to know more from you ladies.
    Is there any ayurvedic medicine I can take to increase my chances?
    I also want to have a little fair kid (atleast wheatish). what can I do ?
    My parents and I am fair but my husband is little wheatish .His one parent is fair and other one is darker than him. what are the chances I get a fair kid? All in the people in family are fair.

My dear husband suffered a lot since hes dark . I don't want my kid to go through all that especially if its not a boy. Óne of my friends said there two colours of sperm. light liquid and dark liquid. If the male has dark colour sperm all his kids will be dark it seems. Is this true?

2. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

"I also want to have a little fair kid (atleast wheatish). what can I do ?"
    Why do u think that way. Pls change ur mind. Getting a healthy kid is a boon.
    "My parents and I am fair but my husband is little wheatish .His one parent is fair and other one is darker than him. what are the chances I get a fair kid? All in the people in family are fair. my dear husband suffered a lot since hes dark . I don't want my kid to go through all that especially if its not a boy. Óne of my friends said there two colours of sperm. light liquid and dark liquid. If the male has dark colour sperm all his kids will be dark it seems. Is this true?"
    I can understand. Dark and light colour is not in our hands. This is not like getting a hybrid colour from plant seeds. Getting a kid is a boon. Please think only about that. Boy or girl, Please pray god to have a safe, healthy, pleasant and wonderful pregnancy.
    U r in late twenties. Yes this is the time to get pregnant. Eat healthy Pls. Include nuts milk and greens in ur food. Reg. Male factor probably other friends may advice.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    vandu3689, anika987 and shravs3 like this.
  3. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

@star90 I am sorry for not answering all your questions but please pray for a healthy kid instead of praying for a fair kid
    Not sure what your DH had to go through because he is dark but you be a mom who can show kid that color/caste/race etc doesnt matter and teach kid ways to combat racism and prejudice.

Also your friends statement on two kinds of sperms deciding color is so weird .I am from non medical background but never ever heard of that .

4. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

So many questions!
    Can try answering some..
    Follow nutritious diet n exercise, keep the mind calm and happy.
    c section is safe, read more about it online.
    Blood grouping can be done to know about RH factor.
    Let your gynaecologist guid both on tests, your husband would require sperm analysis,
    For ladies many are done like pelvic ultrasound, thyroid, sugar, blood count, and few others specifically doc will recommend if u need it.
    Better to maintain normal weight as overweight can increase some complication, weight gain should be monitored.
    We have no control over complexion of Baby, pls pray for normal intelligent healthy baby..
    I don't know how educated and literate people are still going behind fair complexion..as if dusky and Wheatish complexion people are not successful or happy in life!
    If your baby turns out to be dark or Wheatish will u not love him?
    Regarding sperm colour no idea.

5. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Too tempted to reply!

I want to know , what tests I should take before preparing for pregnancy. : nothing start with carefree mind and don’t make it the only object of life. Have fun , enjoy and it will click when it has to.
    How can I prepare my body ? I suffer from P COD and I am in my late twenties. : eat healthy, exercise , in fact concentrate more of health than on conceiving. They are connected.
    Its my first pregnancy and I am planning to conceive in the next few months.: there are few things which are just planned by God, I hope and wish you all the luck.:)
    Is cesarean safe ? what are the side effects? : too early to think of that, let your doctor and body decide about it together..

What are the tests a male should take ? How can I find out if I am Rh - or RH+.: for 3 months I don’t think any test required, in fact for 6 months its ok, however if you want you can visit a doctor and he/she will guide you.May be thyroid test for you and sperm test for your partner.
    I am overweight , will that affect my pregnancy? I will be visiting a doctor next month. Thought of posting about this and getting to know more from you ladies. Health is the key although nothing is guaranteed, I was always within my BMI but it took me two year where a friend of mine who was overweight near to obese had two babies within span of there years ! focus on your heath for you.
    Is there any ayurvedic medicine I can take to increase my chances? No idea , sorry.
    I also want to have a little fair kid (atleast wheatish). what can I do ? : Nothing.you can try eating stuffs elders say for fair child, no scientific evidence but as long as they healthy fruits like coconut and orange try !
    My parents and I am fair but my husband is little wheatish .His one parent is fair and other one is darker than him. what are the chances I get a fair kid? All in the people in family are fair.No one can say, I did study about chromosomes and their being recessives and dominant but I am sure we can’t control them.

My dear husband suffered a lot since hes dark . I don't want my kid to go through all that especially if its not a boy. Óne of my friends said there two colours of sperm. light liquid and dark liquid. If the male has dark colour sperm all his kids will be dark it seems. Is this true? : Stay AWAY from such friends. I wish you happy healthy and intelligent baby.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  6. Rosey2018

Rosey2018 Bronze IL'ite

Go to the doctors and tell her that you and your husband are planning for a baby and wanted some advice. She'll advice you from there on. She might give you pills such as pregnacare conception for him and her or you can buy it over the counter. Discuss your PCOD with the doctor and follow her advice.

I dont think you should think about having cesarean right now not when your not pregnant. Doctors will assess your husband too.

Dont worry so much because you do seem worried by your post. Its normal to be curious about everything especially with your first pregnancy. Make sure you eat healthy and exercise to give you the best chances and pray for a healthy child. It doesnt matter if you have a fair or dark child. We should treat our children to accept themselves and have others accept them for what they are. All you can do is protect your child from the sun if you dont want him getting a tan and use sunscreen. Babies are beautiful regardless. What matters is you have a healthy baby.

star90 likes this.
  7. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Does the white sperm swim faster than the dark one ?? Or is it the other way around ? How does one decide who wins this race ? Please be fair and share your friends great thoughts.

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Baby complexion is difficult to predict and very difficult to control. If there's only darker complexion possible you won't turn pregnant?
    Is there really such complexion difference in sperm? Please don't fall as a prey for these thoughts. Even if there's such category, how's anyone going to separate it? Complexion is not under control of anyone. If you are to get darker complexion, educate your baby to deal with those insensitive people.

Rh type can be known by simple blood test. If you both know your blood group, this confusion will end. If both are positive group then no rh issues during pregnancy. If you both are having different rh type, doc will do an additional blood test during pregnancy to rule out rh issue.
    Take care. Baby dust to you.

9. star90

star90 Senior IL'ite

Thank you ladies for your response..
    I will be going for the tests next month.
    I am talking about the skin colour not because I have anything against it.
    If I had.. I wouldn't have married my husband. My concern is because my husbands family members have told me that they liked me because I am fair and they rejected many girls because just because of skin colour.
    I also have a lil coloured friend who is yet not married just because of skin colour.
    which makes me worried.

10. star90

star90 Senior IL'ite

Thank you rosey..
    please dont mistake me..
    I am saying about the skin colour not because I like fair people..
    I am just saying its harder for people because of our society..