Pre-cut Veggies Delivery In Chennai?

Discussion in 'Chennai' started by startinganew, Jun 15, 2019.

1. startinganew

startinganew Gold IL'ite

Hi All,
    Would you know of shops that sell pre cut vegetables in Chennai? Ideally, home delivery would work best. My mother is working on a healthy diet for my father recuperating from surgery and I would like to make her life a little easier. We are looking around the neighborhoods of Mylapore, Mandaveli, Adyar.
    Thanks!

2. Dobby

Dobby Silver IL'ite

You can order from big basket. You get fresh cut veggies
    Salads, peeled onions and have choices. To retain freshness you can order every three days along with other fruits, provision or toiletry to make minimum order value.

IF you are star member you get free delivery for 600 and for other members 1000 min for free delivery.

Also delivery charges will be 30 or 50 since they deliver at home it’s not a big fee.

Try and see if it works. Register with delivery address and see what are all available

Other pazhamudhir solai like shops will have pre cut. I have seen but not bought.

I’m using big basket so know quality is good ans how it works

Hope this helps

startinganew likes this.
  3. startinganew

startinganew Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot @Dobby for taking time to respond. I will try them tomorrow itself.

Thank you @Ravirr - are these green leafy veggies that being sold cut? What is the name of the shop?

4. startinganew

startinganew Gold IL'ite

Placed our first order with BigBasket - the selection and choices are amazing!!
    Banana flower - peeled and cut! Sambar and avial veggie combinations - unbelievable. :banana:
    Thank you so much for sharing @Dobby. :thumbup:

Amulet likes this.
  5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

OMG!! That is the most difficult process ! Very laborious ! Need to pull and discard the stamens from each one by hand, so that the dish does not take on the bitter taste of the part.

I am amazed that such a service is available.

startinganew likes this.
  6. Dobby

Dobby Silver IL'ite

@startinganew

You are most welcome. It’s 5 days shelf life. I get banana stem cut to save time. You get all sort of fruits veggies organic too if you want. Options are unbelievable

Return is easy too. They maintain quality well. I hardly return anything.

I’m so dependent on big basket now. Life saver.

Really happy it helps your parents. Coupons also avl. So check before placing order

Cheers

startinganew likes this.
  7. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

I recommend big basket too. They are available across almost all metro cities. And their customer service is good.

They have all sorts of cut fresh veggies, fruits n non veg options as well. They have combos packs like for sambar, kurma, fried rice, Kara kozhmbu or more like that even diced sugarcane. They have loadsa options n quality is also good.

startinganew likes this.
  8. startinganew

startinganew Gold IL'ite

Parents received first order and vouch for great quality. Yay! But their claim is that price is 3 times than their neighboring market (uncut, not cleaned, no delivery price) - I knew this was coming... :-( I was assuming 150% might be the price difference and that I could convince them that it's worth it. I personally think anything to save them some time and effort is worthy.
    Maybe I have to add a note to BigBasket order to request to not include price list or blatantly tell I have some coupons so I pay only half of what is on bill. Let's see...

9. Dobby

Dobby Silver IL'ite

@startinganew
    Price is slightly higher. Not that much. Mylapore market price is somewhat similar or 20 percent Cheaper. Since it’s cut may be slightly more

There are coupons during 1st to 10th.

Also I think after 15 of every month some offer of like buy for 1499 you get some item for 1 rupees some other item for 10 rs. so I make it a point to tell mil this ghee costs 1 rs and this half kg toor dal costs 10 rs.

I always make it a point not to tell how much each item costs.

And I justify with instead of paying driver 300 for 4 hrs with parking hassles it works out definitely cheap. So she keeps quiet.

It’s a white lie for their peace of mind. So u can say it’s on offer.
    Overall coupons are avl and buy one get one on floor cleaners toilet cleaning stuffs and so on.

So I would say it’s on par with market price. And slight difference is convenience fee (for my peace of mind )

Now mil recommends this and tells ppl hey this works out well.

Big basket gives a paper bill and they use it for their convenience. I verify and tear up before anyone gets a chance to check.

Also sometimes I say it’s costly. But no choice. So it’s ok. Relax. So mil is ok.

Hope ur parents let u help ordering and relax and enjoy using them

Cheers

10. shalini79

shalini79 Senior IL'ite

I was always under the impression that the vegetables and fruits that are damaged and starting to rot and cannot be sold as whole are the ones used for pre-cut. But looking at the responses here, looks like I was wrong. I will also try bi-basket precut veggies this weekend.