1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

prayer for Richard Bach

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anandchitra, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

(A prayer for Richard Bach; his condition is upgraded now after the serious crash. My prayers for his well being;)

I have read somewhere the impact of “first love”. Though I never really got the complete significance of these words I have no doubt in my mind what I can refer to as my first love which are Books. And of course, comics as well. Who can forget Asterix , Obelix, Tintin, Jughead, Archie and the like. I was passionate about reading.
    Back then I did not have access to the wonderful & impressive library structures I see in the U.S. My main source for books being the school library and books to be borrowed from my parents friends. Joining a library for a very modest fee occurred much later in school years after throwing many a tantrum to get the money for the fee and which involved walking or biking miles to get or return a book.
    My father seeing the voracious reader I was turning to be used to get books from his friends house. This meant that I got to read material of interest to adults like Chase crime novels while the school mostly catered to Enid Blyton.
    Somewhere in my early years I came across Jonathan Livingston Seagull. To say it made an impact on me is a mild understatement. I was truly blown away. I can still vividly recall the excitement I felt raging in me when Jonathan is met by two radiant seagulls who take him to a “higher plane of existence” where he meets other gulls like him who love to fly.
    I feel the impact was being able to resonate with Jonathan as he knew all along in heart about this higher plane of existence.
    I read his book Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah as an adult. Well to be honest though I my drivers license qualifies me as an adult I for all practical purpose more child like. One of those odd nuts refusing to grow up.
    This book took me for a much greater spin. I had to re-read the book many times for its many aspects to sink in and then reread some more to enjoy the sheer beauty in which Richard had crafted it.
    I had this feeling that Richard should be enlightened or at least had some greater power through him to write it. Its just that special something you feel within , stirs you to the core, lights your insides, have a special something something , just the crafter , his work and you the observer.
    Much later I happened to take his book Bridge across forever. For some unknown reason I have never been able to finish reading it. This has never happened to me ever. Even the scrummiest of books I skim over but this one is a love story. And from one of the best out there.
    The tone gets set for the search of perfect love. That’s the reason it is so strongly tied to the lovers heart strings.
    He had me from his very first words and through each and every word. I felt this tingling echo from the depths of my being. It was as if he had penned in words that only a lover of what is knows what longing one has to find love.
    If Richard ends up leaving us I know I will have to summon the strength to finish the book. If nothing else at least for this great person. And greater author.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Thats a neatly penned prayer and thoughts Anandchitra.

I have read only Jonathan Livingstun Seagull out of all his works, I'm about to read Bridge Across forever. I heard and read he has passion for flying and that is very much evident from the Jonathan Livingstun Seagull. May he recover soon.

3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Jonathan Livingston Seagull is one of my most favourite books. I also read Bridge Across forever. I read on internet that he is improving.

4. Anandchitra

yes I also read he is improving. nice to know one more lover of his books

5. Anandchitra

Yes he does have a passion for flying. I also heard he does not depend on the latest gadgets at all. thanks