1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Power Of Ragas In Healing

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by Thyagarajan, Jan 7, 2019.

1. startinganew

startinganew Gold IL'ite

Thank you yet again for a thoughtful reply encouraging me as a parent.

Wonderful to hear about the constructive and positive influence of music with your kids. I hope I will be able to provide at least a part of such an environment to my child. :relaxed:

For our toddler (2yrs+), his exposure to music is currently through all the family members singing to him children's songs and poems. We don't use the phone to entertain him as yet - (with the exception of video calls with grandparents) - so I haven't exposed him to "real music" much. Despite this he is always singing some new tunes to himself and putting imaginary words in to a song. :-D But your post has got me thinking - maybe I should consider buying a CD player (owned one many years ago) and begin our family's path to listening to music together? We tried Alexa (to only focus on audio without video) but the collection of Indian music in it is very limited.

I've been avoiding the phone or laptop because I think the stimulation from videos is not needed for a young child yet - I've seen too many cases of young toddlers in my friends and family circle gradually losing interest in traditional things (puzzles, books, coloring) once they get hooked to high stimulation levels of video.

Thank you for getting me to think more about this. (sorry to derail the purpose of this thread but I really wanted to express my thanks)

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Thanks for the input and glad of your participation in reviving the thread. A Beethoven, a Mozart, an MLV, A Kunnakudi, a music wizard must be in the making even among the downtrodden.
    2. The information about music as a therapy is far extensive if one goes in search in GOOGLE.
    HERE IS A SAMPLE:
    RAGA Music Therapy
    3. Playing music on gadget ok. But in the days of yore , in south India ie kerala, karnatKa
    Tamil nAdu, andhra pradesh & telengana - atleast some one stands out in family break the day in vocal bhoopalam or play violin for few minutes and conclude the day for peaceful profound sleep with Anantha Bhairavi - Family members Nett mood harmonised freed or and control of BP HEAD ACHE FREE JOINTS NO PAIN or other alments! No frequent visit to family physicians or hospitals.
    4. Entire cosmos filled with vibrations and every vibration contains or and entails music in it!
    @GeetaKashyap I presume you watch development of revival of this thread with a delight.
    Regards.
    God created varities in music to serve as therapy to humanity.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    Venkat20 likes this.