Postpone the date of periods!!!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Monsi, Sep 10, 2007.

1. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Postponing Periods(AF)

Dear friends,

Please help me out!

I have a ritual at home on Apr 26,27,28,29 and my LMP was Mar 30.Hence it would be a high time for me to get AF around the last week of April.I need to postpone it.I will be the important person during that time and my absence will create huge consequences and hence Iam not going to try out home remedies,instead planning to take tablets:hide:.

Do I need to visit my Gynaec?My hospital is far away from my place and Iam really really busy to allocate some time and hence planning to buy the tablets in pharmacy itself.

I need the below mentioned info from all of you!

1.From which date,Do I need to start the tablet?

2.What are the worst side effects of the tablet?like drowsyness,nasuea etc.I need to be energetic to perform so much of household chores.Thats why.

Thanks in advance.

P.S: Mod,I have searched the appropriate info before posting this thread and was not able to find an answer.Please feel free to merge/move this thread.

2. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Re: Postponing Periods(AF)

RG to be frank my opinion is a big no for self medication.I mean it dear.Please ever never try it in this age..There can be thousands of people who had no ill effects but i will not entertain this.Kindly consult your gynec.You have to manage time.What are you praying for and what are you trying to do now..No dear please consult a gynec.I might sound rough but i really mean it.This is my sincere advice for you friend :bowdown

If you have no other go then try to consult some other "Reputed" Gynec atleast.Brief her your history and then proceed asking for a solution.Be a good girl :cheers

My :my2cents are dont keep on thinking about this..as tension prepones AFtsk

3. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

My grandmother told me a simple method.

Taking gram dhal (pottukadalai) on empty stomach after brushing your teeth for 5 days from Day 23 or 24 (if your cycle is 30 days cycle) will help postponing the cycle for 3 to 4 days. This has helped me many times whenever I wanted to postpone period cycle due to poojas.

Note that this may not help everyone and i m not sure if this will help you. But you can try this and see.

4. umashankari

umashankari New IL'ite

I too have tried what sujatha said.. Havin pottukadalai early in the morn empty stomach.. Strt about 3-4days.. This helped me to postpone mine.. But donno if this works for everyone..

5. Shanmukhabhavan

Shanmukhabhavan Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]Hi RG!

We used to take Promolet-N tablet (if i remembered correctly it was rs.13/- per each tablet that time, not sure about now) which was prescribed once by gynec (who was my sister's friend's mom) to stop the periods for temporary purpose, if i believe, maximum of 6 days. using after of this is not good for health. my sister used to take it twice per day (1 tab- morning and 1 tab- evening) but myself used to take 1 per day just morning where as my aunt used to take a tablet for one and half days, i guess it depends on your body. but you can ask the pharmacist, he can guide you through. when ever you stop to take it, you will get periods with the gap of half day. But my mom used to say do not stress body too much, if so, it might not do its job. Either of us did not have any side effects, just a mild back pain (which is our common symptom before and in periods) if i am correct, you need to start taking it 2-3 days before your periods start date till the day you want to get af. but you can ask pharmacist in medical shops as it does not need any prescription (i think) , so that he/she can guide you.

This is my own experience, though not sure about others, better to take second opinion (pharmacist/doctor) before do anything. Good Luck! and hope you will have a pleasant atmosphere that day. [/JUSTIFY]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  6. shrutidunwoody

shrutidunwoody Bronze IL'ite

I had taken the tablet for postponing my period as we had to visit tirupati temple. But it was with the consultation of the doctor.Since it was a very long time back I dont remember the tablet name. But make sure you visit the doctor. If the dispensary is far, just talk to the doctor on phone.

7. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

I took the Promolute N tablet (after consulting my Gynic) when I had to postpone my periods during my wedding!
    But it was 8 yrs ago...So don't know if they still sell those or not! It is better to check with the doc or atleast the pharmacist!

8. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Re: Postponing the Periods date

RG,

Preferable are home remedies.I usually go for Thulasi leaves(5-6) in empty stomach. It works for me. Or consult a doctor and take a suitable tablet. There will be side effects, but for most they are manageable. Enjoy the celebration at home

9. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi RG,

Yes Pottukadalai in empty stomach really works out..I thought of telling you yesterday but since you were desparate about medicines i hesitated..Dont have sweets or jaggery till then..DOnt eat anything that induces heat..Do not have a long walk or do tiresome jobs.take care.

10. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Friends,

Iam overwhelmed by your responses.Thanks Cindhuja!Your post moved me!

I have consulted a Gynaec and she has prescribed Gynaset tablets for 9 days(from Apr 22 - Apr 29) 1 at bed time.

Thanks again!:thumbsup

1 person likes this.