Postpone the date of periods!!!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Monsi, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,
    We have our Gruhpravesh Pooja for our flat this week. And unfortunately my periods date is coinciding with it. Can somebody suggest me any medicine to postpone the date of periods ?
    Thanks in advance.

2. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Hi monsi
    Best wishes on your guru pravesham.May you be blessed with prosperity,peace and good health in your new home.

Primolut N is a very safe capsule to postpone periods. But you may have minor side effects later.You can also get suggestions from the chemist in your local pharmacy.

better still maybe you can try some natural method like consuming fried gramdhal (pottukadalai!) on a daily basis. Our health experts can give a better solution.:smile:

Regards
    Honeybee

3. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Monsi,
    Congrats on your house warming, may your life be filled with warmth and happiness forever. You can take the capsule that honeybee suggested, its been a life saver to this kind of situation for years. All the best.

4. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Hi HoneyBee and Janani,
    Thanks for the prompt reply :smile: .
    Actually I have few doubts about it.
    1. We are trying for pregnancy . I did the pregnency test and it came negative. Is this test kit result always correct?

2. Also if I am pregnant (in the remotest chance :lol: ) , then taking this pill has any bad effects?

Thanks again.

5. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Hi Monsi,
    The Best Natural Way to post pone periods is to have Fried Gram(Pottukadalai) early in the morning 3 to 4 prior to the actual date and have a cup of warm water.No side effects!!

I did this just last week and postponed periods for 6 days in view of varlakshmi nombu,Raghavendraswami aaradhana, aavani avittam and for my MangalaGowri Pooja. All the pooja came in a row.....:idontgetit: .

6. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Hi aishu,
    Fried Gram(Pottukadalai) means the one which we put in the coconut chutney?
    How much should be eaten? Is it a 100% sure way of postponing ?

7. Ashima

Ashima New IL'ite

Hi monsi
    1. I think you did your preg test well ahead of time. Ideally you should wait atleast till you miss your period. (approx 35 days...to get sure results!) You should use an accurate kit like say..Dr.Reddy's.

2.Please do not take the pill if you are in doubt.Not recommended.

Regards
    Honeybee

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2009
  8. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Dear Monsi

Please get to a doctor first,confirm your doubts regarding your pregnancy and then proceed with the tablet,if necessary.I have taken this tablet only once because I had an important function to attend to and the doctor had given some specific instructions for taking the same.However,I don't remember them now.

Also,if you are pregnant by an chance,why take the risk? I had a X-ray taken during a normal health check-up 15 days after my periods and that was the time I conceived my son. My doctor was furious that the radiologist went ahead with a X-ray for me 15 days after the periods.According to her,any woman who is in a child producing age should not have X-ray taken after 15 days of LMD and it seems that a radiologist is supposed to actually confirm that with the patient.There are so many intricacies which we normal people will never know.

Also, it is not very safe to always postpone periods using tablets,everything has its own side effects in the long run ,so pls be aware of that.I am very fortunate that I have a MIL who does not force me or pressurize me to postpone such things because according to her,if it has to happen,it will happen,why play with nature.:)

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi monsi,..
    Congratulations and best wishes for your grihapravesh.

it is the same one you use for chutney.. ..most of the time it works very well.. if you have any doubts dont use any medicine...........

Just pray to god and go ahead....

10. C_Saratha

C_Saratha Senior IL'ite

how to delay periods temporarly

I want to delay my periods for 4 days as i am flying for christmas. i want to have a happy holiday.?

i dont want to be crampy. can anybody advice me with any pills that will hepl me postpone my periods for atleast 4 days?? i should be able to get it online or over the counters.
    Or is there any way i can postpone it naturally.??