1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Postpartum weight loss tips

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by MeenLoch, May 4, 2009.

1. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Can someone direct me towards threads for postpartum weight-loss or weight-loss for breastfeeding moms ?

Really looking for tips to lose baby flab and fat around my body without dieting, which would not reduce the milk supply for my little one who is 20 days old.

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

hi meenloch,
    Why are you in a so hurry!! Its just 20days, you are out from pregnancy.
    It took almost 9 months for that belly, so takes some time for reduction.
    As of now, concentrate on your baby and wear belly belt. Then you will slowly start physical excersise after 2 months. Follow our Kitchuppa's diet plan which shown us proven result of reducing weight and tummy.
    Hope this helps!! So enjoy motherhood!!!

3. happywoman

happywoman Silver IL'ite

I hope its a bit too early for you to be thinking of dieting while you should be concentrating on your infant. Wear a tummy belt (available at Babys rus) for a while. If this is your first delivery, then you will soon be back to shape. It takes time only during second delivery. After 3-4 months, you slowly start walking around with your baby in the stroller. If you have help now with people to take care of baby and other stuff, enjoy this luxury. Later when you yourself will start doing the household work then you will reduce and will not even need to go for dieting. Exercise is a must.
    Also, it is easy to get pre-preg weight/shape in a normal delivery than a c-sec.
    vani

4. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your replies. I shall follow the advice. I was concerned about the belly fat in particular.

5. manisha.sanjay

manisha.sanjay Gold IL'ite

hi Meenloch,
    Congrats on being Mom............it is early to think on weight loss.You can start it after 4-5 months.Now just take care and enjoy lovely moments with your new born and just see that you eat healthy stuff than oily and sugary stuff.