Postpartum Weight loss and excerise and diet

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by smartgrl, Feb 8, 2012.

1. smartgrl

smartgrl Bronze IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I recently delivered a baby girl thru C-section and she is 2 months old.
    So thought it the right time to start workout and diet slowly.
    Anybody in there who wants to join and ladies who have been there please guide us we can all motivate each other and workout and diet together at the same itme enjoying BF and bonding with the baby.

1 person likes this.

2. priya20coool

priya20coool Bronze IL'ite

2 months after a c-section is a bit too early for exercises. coz you will still be having the pain. May be you can start with some breathing exercises. Start walking around the house. But careful that you dont strain too much. Eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. You can eat like mixing carrots, lettuce, onions, tomatoes and coriander together as a salad and eat with a bit of salt and chilli powder. Avoid oil for sometime.

I had a c-section and now my baby is 2-year old. I joined a yoga class when he was just 10 months old. That helped me lose a lot of unwanted fat and weight. I lost about 8 kgs. So juz give yourself sometime and then start. And too much of exercise will make your breast milk taste bad for the kid as it will become acidic due to your strain. So take care.. happy motherhood!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

smartgrl, I am with you on this. I want to slowly but healthy-ly (is there such a word?). I have put on 10 kgs post pregnany. I want to start reducing too. my DD is now 10 weeks old.

shall we start a weight-loss-post-pregnancy-club? i would love to have company while doing this...

4. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

hello gals,

I was waiting for company... are u ready for the challenge... my son is almost 4 months old now.... though i didnt gain much weight during pregnancy... i was overweight when i conceived... and i want to lose weight and be more active as i have to manage him alone when i leave from my parents place...

please do share tips and tricks!!!

my mantra so far is no sweets and fried and more of water and walking... its working a bit... yet to check weight (first 2-3 months i lost 8kgs) now i feel its slowed down....

good luck...
    if a club for weight loss is started im in for it!!!

ammani

5. Rakhii

Ammani!! You lost 8 kgs in 3 months?!! That's awesome. Believe it of not, I haven't lost a single kg after birth. Am also not eating sweets but am not on any particular diet right now. I guess only exerting will help now.
    Started with 40 mins of fast walk today. How is your schedule like? How is Gondu? I miss dec 2011 club :(

6. smartgrl

smartgrl Bronze IL'ite

WOW!!!!!!!!!

SO lets start a weight loss post delivery club.
    today is march 1 so lets all weigh in today and post our weight and lets aim to loose 1 kg in 2 weeks.

7. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

The subject line looked v.inspiring n so peeped in...but wanted to ask u ppl, r u guys breast feeding? If you are, ur weight gain will come down on itz own...and also dieting is not recommended while u r BF.

8. Rakhii

1 kg in 2 weeks certainly seems possible smartgrl. This morning I went for another 40 mins walk. Consistently doing this might help... Right?

Ramya, yes I am breast feeding. That's why I can't diet; I have to exercise. Many people advised me that I would loose weight while BF. been 10 weeks since her birth but still I didnt reduce any.

9. ramyaraja

ramyaraja Gold IL'ite

Rakhii,

You will start loosing weight 3 months after delivery.. the weight loss will be very minimal but will be very consistent...it has been 5 months after my 2 nd delivery... I have lost around 3 lbs in last month.. though I m not explicitly dieting my intake has come down so is my weight :) hopefully others can guide you better..

10. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Rakhii,

Intially even I did not lose much in the first 3 months n then I started losing rapidly(ofcourse 3 months post partum u wl automatically start doing more work n eat less)...they say it took 9 months to put on the weight n it will take the same time to lose them too...my Gyn adviced me to try ab excercises for toning the stomach though...