1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Post your queries on Siddha Medicine

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by charuchitthra, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarkri

sarkri New IL'ite

Re: hi

hi doctor

i have drandruff its very itching and white flakes r coming. i use shikkai powder.
    can u pls tell me a oil or medicine available for dandruff. i am in chennai if can pls tell me name of the oil or medicine i can get it. hair loss is also there and i had sinus bt now it got cured.
    my body is also very heat. i am feeling heat in my feet and palm.

i am of dull complexion oily skin, many whiteheads r also there. i use scrub bt its coming often it looks ugly on my face.

pls give me suggestions to get rid of these.

also pls tell me good bathing powder to use in this summer.
    sorry if i had asked too many quest

thanks

2. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Hi Freshhope,

First of all, hows ur father doing? Is his dry throat better?

The hot flushes are very common in hypothyroid condition. Its better to be regular with her throid medication. When was the last time her t3 t4 tsh was checked? did she consult a physician afterwards r recently? if its not done I suggest u ask her to go and see a physician soon. He ll check her thyroid profile n might adjust dosage of her current medication. If it was recently done , can u plase get me the reports of her thyroid profile. Then may be I can help u better.

Regards,
    CC

3. charuchitthra

Hi Sarkri,

Wat a different name! Is this a short form of saritha krishan r something? Jus curious to know!!

U dint mention ur age. So am assuming you r between 20 to 30. Dandruff is a very common problem at this age. It itches a lot too. I suggest u do the following lifestyle changes rightaway.

1. Clean ur comb with soap everyday before combing. I suggest u have two combs. So that u can clean n dry one comb today n use the other clean one that day.

2. Warm gingely oil in a small pan( warm enuff tht u can touch it with ur hand) and apply it on ur head ( scalp not on hair) and rub it for sometime n comb ur hair cleanly for one hour. The next day morning have head bath with shikkakhai . also add 2 tsp curd r egg white to shikakai) . Do this once in two days

3. Add lots of Iron n protein in ur diet. Dates pomegranates black grapes r gud sources of iron. Eat egg r one sundal eevryday for protein.

4. U get an oil called vetpalai thylam in ayurvedic pharmacies. Get that n mix with equal amount of cocnut oil and use as oil for head.

5. Drink plenty of fluids. Its gud for ur hair n skin.

hair fall will automatically reduce when the dandruff is controlled.

I suggest u stop using soap for ur face altogether and get nalangu maavu ( its also available in ayurvedic n siddha pharmacies). It can also be used as kuliyal podi for beating the summer heat. Use soap in the morning before going to work r college n use kuliyal podi in the evening after u come home as most of the kuliyal podis have turmeric n it may stain ur clothes. u shud also steam ur face once in fifteen days and then use the scrub and after using the scrub U should use panner (Rose water)on ur skin to close ur pores. Its better to use it regularly. like immediately after bath u apply some rose water on ur face and after fifteen to twenty minutes apply watever cream r powder u r using. this prevents ur face being oily and rose water s so gud for oily skin.

Try this all n get back to me.

regards,
    CC

4. sarkri

sarkri New IL'ite

hi doctor thanks a lot for the suggestions . its all very simple.

my name is saradakrishna. i am 22 yrs.

regarding the bathing powder can it be prepared at home, can u pls tell me the ingredients. for my face besan works out well than green gram.

is there any cream or extrenal medicine to apply on face to improve complexion.(dark batches around lips and noses)
    also suggest to get rid of under eye dark circle and wrinkles under the eye.
    i tried with home remedies bt not able to do regurarly since i am working.

scrub i use is rice floor with curd is tat ok ???

pls suggest me

once again thanks for the quick reply

5. sarkri

sarkri New IL'ite

i am applying papaya pulp daily morn its helping to some extend nw a days oilness is reduced .
    i apply lake sunscreen lotion and j&j baby powder when i come out. after coming to office i wash off wont applying anything. so at present oilness is reduced.

if any cream is nt available suggest me some ingredients so tat i can make ready made powder and use regurarly.
    only my face neck and hands r black due to suntan. bcos durng college i wont apply anything .

thanks for suggestions i buy tat oil and apply also follow ur instructions

thankyou doctor

6. alpers

alpers Bronze IL'ite

Hello Charuchittra,

Any suggestions for a Sarcoids Sufferer?

I have non inflamatory disease of the lungs.

Please advise.

Thanks

Alps

7. fresh_hope

fresh_hope New IL'ite

Hello Dr CharuChitra,

My father is taking honey as suggested by you...during the day he says that there is some improvement in his throat condition but when he sleeps the throat becomes very dry n it has not improved so far..pls do suggest some remedies...He could not find palm jaggery in the place where he lives but we are looking for it..

My mother has not gone for a thyroid test recently but i will let you know the data of the last test done very soon..She has hot flashes only on the face followed by heart palpitations...n these are sudden..

You are a great help...thanks a lot..

8. charuchitthra

Hi Alpers,

I wud like to know how long have u been having this. Wat symptoms do u have? Has it gotten worse over aperiod of time or is it stagnant? As such siddha cant do much to the sarcoids (the granulmatous growths) but sometimes can help u in reducing the symptoms. So if u cud get back with more history may be Siddha can be of some help.

Regards,
    CC

9. charuchitthra

Hi Freshhope,

The results for ur father wud be more pronounced if we cud give him some emdicines along with thetherapy he is taking. But IAs u know no prescription can be given without seeing n examining the patient in person. So I suggest if u cud get him to go to a ayurvedic doctor living close by it ll be gud. And palm jaggery might be sometimes avilable in grocery shops too. Try them . It definitely gives better relief to his condition.

As for ur mom, get back with results.

Regards,
    CC

10. charuchitthra

Hi Sarada,

Nice name. As for ur oily skin do keep applying the fruit pulp. Avoid talcum powder as it may clog the pores. If u think u look dull without them use very little compact powder n wash it off after u come home. the scrub u sue is ok. But I suggest u get a suntan lotion with spf 40 or equal and use it. as much as u want to get rid of old suntan u shud make sure u don get more tanned. thats y. and As for the powder u get them ready made as its easier. But if u r not bothered abt going all the way to find the ingredients then ill probably give u one with simple ingredients u can find near ur home.

ill give a base powder u mix it with besan eevryday and use . u acnt keep powders with besan base for long as it tends to get worms.

rose petals 100 gm( u can buy 2 fully rose garlands n dry them in shade)
    marikozhunthu 100 gm( u can buy them from flower market n dry in shade
    sandhanam 50 gm
    poolankilanghu 100 gm
    korai kilanghu 100gm
    kasturi manjal 100 gm
    dried neem /tulsi leaves 50 gm
    karunjeeragham 100 gm

dry it all in shade n powder in grinding mills. If the minimum is 1 kg for the grinding mill increase the amount of rose n sandhanam but it shud always be one is to half

regards,
    CC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.