1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Post your queries on Siddha Medicine

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by charuchitthra, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poonamjoshi9266

poonamjoshi9266 New IL'ite

Re: hi

Dear Dr Charu,

I am really thankful to u for giving me advice for my daughter. My daughter was not a pre matured baby and her weight was also normal. She takes chawanprash only in the morning but now i will start twice but can we give chawanprash in summer also? We are veggi so i cant give her egg also. Once again thanks a lot mam.

2. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Dear Charuchithra madam,

Very very nice of you to have started this thread . My query is for my 6 1/2 yr. old daughter. Due to facial hair, her complexion is looking dull and I don't want to use any commercial cream 'cos of her age. Can you suggest any home remedy to apply, esp. on upper-lip area, so that hair growth is minimal ?

Also these shampoos have made her hair coarser and thinner. Is there any home-made hair wash or something I can use for her weekly head-bath instead of these harsh chemical shampoos ?

With thanks,
    Grace.

3. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Hi Babyraji,

There s nothing like a normal value for the amount of blood loss during menstruation. It varies with person depending on their build, lifestyle, hereditary factors etc. But if u bleed more( like u change four r five maxi pads in a day) r if u bleed too little (like u jus have spotting on three days and nothing else )then those r problems.

Scanty menstruation is if u suddenly start to bleed too little like jus spotting in ur periods. But if u have been that way ever since ur puberty its not a problem but thats natural for u . It may be even duet to anemia. There s no need to bother unless u feel u r feeling heavy r puffy from the month ur periods bcame scanty. Sometimes change of place r lifestyle r diet can even lead to scanty menstruation. So get back with more details and I ll answer that query.

Regards,
    CC

bleed this much amount

4. charuchitthra

Hi Poonamjoshi,

Yes. U can give chyavanprash in summer too. But u always make sure kids drink more milk when they eat chyavanprash.

Regards,
    CC

5. charuchitthra

Hi Grace,

Kids do have lot of facial hair growth which should not be a problem as it ll normally start reducing oncee she reaches her teens. But if u r still concerned I suggest using kuliyal podi( bathing powder) for the evening facewash r bath instaed of soap. U cant use it in morning as it has turmeric and ll stain the uniform.

The ingredients r as folllows

turmeric powder 50 gm
    kasthuri manjal 50gm
    almonds 25 gm
    poolan kilanghu 50 gm
    korai kilanghu 50 gm
    karunjeergham 50 gm
    green gram 250 g
    u sun dry all the above ingredients n grind in grinding mills. can be used both in summer n winter for washing face n body.

The coarser and thinner hair might be due to dry scalp. mildly warm up gingely oil and masasge in head for 10 mins once a week n let her saok with oil for half an hour n give her haed bath with the following posder

shikakahi 50 gm
    green gram 200 gm
    Fenugreek seeds 25 gm
    Aavaram poo 50 gm
    Dried rose petals 50 gms
    Ucan also add neem leaves r tulsi seeds if she has lice
    Sun dry all ingredients and grind in grinding mill

Regards,
    CC

6. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Hello Dr Charu
    Thanks for ur detailed explanation .well my periods r almost regular n sometimes it gets post poned so some of my frnds said me tht it might b due to abnormal bleeding n thts how i happen to ask the question.is there any remedy for this?
    Thanks in adv
    Regards
    raji

7. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot charu madam for the detailed reply. When someone comes from India I can tell them to purchase from herbal shops there and bring. But till then, what can I use now ? Is there any alternative you can suggest , which will be available here ?

With regards,
    Grace.

8. charuchitthra

Hi Babyraji,

I want u to clearly state from when ur cycles started having larger gaps. Ur age? How ur cycles are ? Wats the time gap between two cycles and how many days u bleed in one cycle? Do u have clots a lot? How many conceptions u have had? How many kids u have ? Then I ll be able to answer ur questions better.

Regards,
    CC

9. charuchitthra

Hi Grace,

I had a close friend whose name was Gratia. Anyway no contacts with her now. U can oil massage the scalp for dryness. Grind the powder for head bath with ingredients available here. U can surely get rose petals( dry them in shade inside house for a week), shikakhai powder( I get it here in Indian stores), U dry roast green gram n fenugreek and powder it all in the blender. If its not possible u can use besan for scalp. But if u r using besan use more oil as it ll dry scalp n wash with lots of water as it may get stuck to the hair.

For the face, massage with baby oil on weekends. U,se besan turmeric mixture for face wash. But make sure u use some moisturising lotion as besan dries the skin.

REgards,
    CC

10. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithra madam

Very happy that you replied so quickly ; :banana more happy to know that shikai is available here in Indian stores ... I've not seen at all in the one close to my place ! There is another one, a bit far -- tomorrow will go by bus & check out DEFINITELY !!
    Can you suggest what brand I should buy ?

Yes, I'm going to use besan /turmeric only for face [ which I had asked earlier in beauty thread & rya had also suggested ] ; & Aveeno moisturising lotion for her.

Thanks soooooooooo much !!!!! :thankyou2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.