1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Post Weight Loss - Lessons Learned and Staying on Course

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by justanothergirl, Sep 26, 2015.

1. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

@justanothergirl,
    hehe! thanks a lot! I will look for them. What about size? How big of a pack do you buy? I often see giant packs of some of these at Costco. Have you ever tried those? Are they worth it for just 1 person? Or will it just rot in my fridge.

2. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

My kids have been successfully roped into eating salads as a part of their meal so I do buy from costco .But if u are just 1 one man salad show at home ..I think smaller packs at trader joes and safeway might be better.

2 people like this.
  3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

All of us eat salads and the Costco stuff still rots in our fridge. It's just too much. I second the Trader Joe's suggestion.

2 people like this.
  4. angeldreams

angeldreams Gold IL'ite

Gauri dear ur posts are really inspiring

1 person likes this.
  5. angeldreams

angeldreams Gold IL'ite

Hi Gauri,

Actually I have gained alot of motivation reading ur posts..will try to add some of it to my diet plans...already started MFP...I will have to adjust with whatever available at home...I dont buy prepacked salads...but will keep trying...and please I need a few help ...dont mind me...ok Dearhugsmiley

6. Gauri03

Absolutely! Happy to help in any way I can. :)

7. SunNaa

SunNaa Platinum IL'ite

excellent thread..all of you have made some very valid points.

I totally agree that losing weight is easy but maintaining is hard work. You have to figure out what works for you.

I have never counted calories in my life and I can't either..I am a foodie, that too a food blogger so I am surrounded by food all the time. However I have figured out what works for me. 2 things -

1. exercise, the moment I stop working out, my weight starts going up. I have to workout 5 times a week at least to maintain.

2. light early dinner [eat by 7 pm], this works for me. If I eat light dinner for 3-4 days a week like salad or soup [no carbs basically] I don't put on.

Last few months were busy for me with parents and then in-laws visiting. I didn't exercise 5 days a week and obviously had heavy dinner with everyone at 9 pm, the result? I put on 2 kgs. Okay not much and still very much under normal BMI for me. But I see a red flag as soon as my weight starts getting closer to 50 kgs. I know if I don't act now it will only go up from here , just like it happened few years ago. So I pulled my socks and got back on track again. And yes it's working for me again...already lost more than a kg , these 2 things always work for me!

2 people like this.
  8. Gauri03

justanothergirl likes this.
  9. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

@Gauri03 ,....one look at those ...pics..I am so sold. Thx for the tip I do prefer savory and warm ..gooey breakfasts....hmmmmm!

Gauri03 likes this.
  10. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Yes, greens tend to age rather quickly and tossing them is a guilt trip.
    Use what you can in salads, but if there are greens left over, then you can sauteé them in olive oil and (lots of) garlic, for few minutes (just until they wilt), add some good sea salt, and freshly ground pepper +/- red wine vinegar. I generally do this just before the expiry date or when I might expect them to begin rotting. The greens go great with pasta, cous-sous, rice, quinoa or as a side.
    One recipe here.

Rihana, Gauri03 and justanothergirl like this.