post symptoms of rabies shot

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by lazy, Dec 23, 2014.

1. lazy

lazy Silver IL'ite

On Saturday eve my girl got her 2 nd rabies vaccine shot, after that she looks sad and always sleeping.

Actually she is a very active girl, but for the past 2 days she look so tierd. She is not even roaming. Is that normal?

I have asked my vet, she is saying vaccine is not related to this, if she still looks dull my vet prescribed me an antibiotic. Before giving that I did a search in Google. And also get a second opinion from another vet he told me not to give any antibiotic it will make worse (same mentioned in net). So I didn't give any antibiotic. While searching in Google all the mild symptoms will last only for 24-48 hours( my 2nd vet also told the same). In my case its past 60 hours, still she is dull and sleepy.

I am not able to sleep seeing her like this. Just wanna ask did anyone faced my situation? Is this normal after rabies shot??

Ps- after doing the Google search am more scared on reading side effects of rabies vaccine.

Sorry if there is any typo / grammatical error its 3.30am here

2. lazy

lazy Silver IL'ite

Not even one reply :(

3. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Can you check if she is having fever? If she is dull for more than 2 days, better to take her to a different vet. Am sorry I have no clue whats wrong with her, but I pray she gets well soon. Pls do update us what happened...

4. lazy

lazy Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your reply. So far I have contacted 2 vets they are saying the same thing. Its quite normal. But I don't feel good. Next option is I should take her to ark hospital but she hate travelling, and her last visit to ark was not at all good. She need to travel around 20km to reach there, I feel in this health condition it's not safe to travel there.

I don't have thermometer to check the temperature is there any other way I can check whether she is having fever or not??

5. iswaryadevi

Just check if her nose is dry, and check in her abdomen area if its hot. Thats how I used to check if my boy had fever. Which area do you belong to? I can advise based on that any other vet close by to you.

6. lazy

lazy Silver IL'ite

Sorry for the late reply, just now I came online.

Yes her nose is very dry and I can feel heat in abdomen area. Guess she is in fever. I have fed glucose still no change, she is eating (.ie hand feeding)and drinking water, but always lying down with a dull face. Something wrong in her.

Just now contacted my regular vet, she is asking to bring her now. Am gonna take her to her now.

Am staying near kundrathur. I Know a vet in my area, but am bit scared to go to them. In my past have taken Jack to my area vet, and situation got worse only. My regular vet is staying in ECR , around 10km from my home.

I just want my girl back, so planning to visit vet now. Hope everything will come to normal by tonight.

7. lazy

lazy Silver IL'ite

PS - I know she is a good vet, but am bit scared now. will my girl be okay ? I dont want my situation to get worse.

8. iswaryadevi

If she is running fever, you can giver her half a crocin. But anyway since you have taken her to a vet, lets see what he says. Dont worry, she will be fine soon. :)

9. lazy

lazy Silver IL'ite

Thanks. Appointment is at 7.30, will be starting here by 7. Update you once I am back from vet.

After you said.I noted her nose is too dry, i can feel the heat there too. Sure she got the fever.

10. lazy

lazy Silver IL'ite

Hello Aishwarya, Just now I came back from vet. She had put 2 injection to Jeni, my vet doubt it may be tick fever, and told us to wait till morning, If she still retain the same then I need to go to Ark and do the blood checkup, else we dont wanna go and can start giving the prescribed tablets.

Hope by morning she will be back to normal lets see :) I feel she would be alright by tomorrow.