Post-Pregnancy Weight Management

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by Nila, Aug 6, 2006.

1. fellah

fellah New IL'ite

its 3 months after my delivery......i used to put abdominal binder but not often....even now i have got large belly & looking like 5 months pregnant....do anyone of you knows how long will it take to shrink to normal.....how long we have to use the belt??? plzzz assure me with a reply....

2. hijibiji

hijibiji Bronze IL'ite

I had normal delivery 3.5 months back but not yet lost last 10 lbs and as I bf my baby, I remain always hungry and eat more than I did throughout my pregnancy. my tummy is reduced but I need to be reduced overall. any tips on exercise?

3. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Breastfeeding does not necessarily require over eating. Just try to eat healthy. Substitute processed foods / junk foods for fruits and veggies. Moderate exercises for around 15-20 minutes should hel. I used to do cardio workout in Wii for 20 minutes daily. I did it for 3 months. Helped me lose 17 pounds. For 1 year post delivery I ate healthy i.e limited junk food, did the workout on and off. Took 1 year to lose a total of 50 pounds,

4. SSSMagic

SSSMagic Bronze IL'ite

Re: reduce tummy after c section

HI Friends...
    Am a mother of 8 months old DD.. Am not breastfeeding..
    Before pregnancy i was 54kg.. During pregnancy i was 68kg.. Now am 65kg... Reaally i cont control my hunger :-( Eating a loooot :-( My belli looks like am 6 monts pregnant.. Dont know wat to do... How to reduse weight.. I feel very heavy and cont be active.. My Height is 5.2. As am alone to take care of my DD, so my sleeping and food is not at proper time...

5. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@smagic Eat more of vegetables and fruits rather than high processed or high carb foods. Only if you are active and eat health, you can lose weight. This is not only helpful for losing weight but for being able to manage your soon-to-be toddler.

Yes it is difficult to take care of babies alone. But there are several of us who do it. Eating on time is key in having more patience to manage a toddler. Sleep while your baby sleeps. Train her to play alone when you do housework.

6. ushapeesapati

ushapeesapati New IL'ite

Hi

i also had a c-section delivery, my baby is 3months old now.. can any one suggest me when can i start doing yoga and can i have "Raggi roti" for lunch and dinner?

i also want to know if uttareni oil helps in reducing belly fat?

Thanks
    usha

7. Miley

Miley New IL'ite

Re: Belt to reduce post-pregnancy tummy

Try belts for strenghtening back- something like back support- try to get a wide belt, maybe the fitness /sports section or pharmacy section. also try the tummy tucker oil for lower belly sag...

8. camrondell

camrondell New IL'ite

Don't start dieting too soon
    Be realistic about weight loss
    Embrace exercise

9. Amira143

Amira143 New IL'ite

Hi can anyone help me. How i can find a lady who gives massage to mother and baby. I have just delivered a baby 15 days ago, and body keeps on paining every time whole day. I heard that I can find ladies who takes care of mother and baby after the delivery. Can anyone suggest me with the place or may be contact details of such ladies.

Thank you

10. nishajeni

nishajeni New IL'ite

Buy an Abdominal Binder from any nearby medical store. You can also get it online but before that confirm with a doctor. Apart from using binders, also spare some time exercising and eating a balanced diet.