Post-Pregnancy Weight Management

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by Nila, Aug 6, 2006.

1. pranay2

pranay2 New IL'ite

Had C-Section, Find it hard to reduce tummy, weight is normal, but tummy wont go, using belt and exercises too, this is my second baby , my tummy was from the first pregnancy, didnt know tummy reduction then, now with the second baby it just wont go, people ask that"Are you pregnant?" feels quite embarassing.
    Suprita Kumari
    (pranay2)

2. nupur12

nupur12 New IL'ite

I really don't want to suggest you for a belt to reduce your wait,as your ob suggest you for walking it will really good for your health.

3. rabias

rabias New IL'ite

Re: Massage for mums- post delivery

Hi can i have your contact details, thanks

4. bril

bril Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

I am looking for suggestions from all the experienced mommies out there!

Its been 10 weeks since my LO was born...I have been wearing postpartum belt as prescribed by my doc.I know that wearing the belt has more aesthetic value to it than actually helping us reduce weight.. But i feel good wearing it cos atleast it makes my tummy look a lil less bulged! I have not started exercising and dont plan to for some more months till i m BFing LO.

My issue.. the brand of belt that i wear has velcro in it and has adjustable small velcros for the waist. But i cant wear it when i go outside, bcos it is thick and gives an uneven surface at the waist region which is very prominent... :(

Do any of you out there know of good postpartum belts which can be worn continuously even when i go out wearing fitting dresses? Pls let me know where in india/US i can get them. I did see a lot of these available on amazon.com, but i m unsure of their quality. Pls leave ur suggestions if you have experience about the same.

Thanks in advance!

5. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

Hello....

our Gondu will be 2 months old (8 weeks in another 12 days)... n without much exercise as LO is taking time to adjust too sleep n feeding routine ... i lost 6.5 kgs from my post delivery weight in 1.5 months!!!

brief history: i was overweight before i was pregnant (cudnt reduce more than 2 kg in 2 months that time!!) i was trying to lose weight before i become pregnant... but somehow it didnt happen n one fine day i found i was pregnant... i controlled my diet (kept my diet healthy) and gained only around 6 kgs during my entire pregnancy.. (i lost 2-3 kgs in first 4 months ... i gained 3 kgs in one month n lost in d next though i didnt have any nausea or vomiting as such!! but from 5th month only gained... n just before my elective CS i was 6.5 kg more from my pre-pregnancy weight!!)... on my discharge was 4.5 kg less than pregnancy weight...

i wore a cotton cloth tied (didnt use belt... though have one given by my cousin) to my tummy whole day... n sometimes removed it at night... drank minimum 3 litres of water... had soup, red rice n fresh green leafy veggies... no ghee, oil, sweets... just easily digestible food... my tummy has come to little less than pre-pregnancy level now...

i hope to continue the same n reach my ideal weight soon!!!

any suggestions for reducing upper arm fatty muscles???? (i gained weight there itself :( so want to reduce it asap)

im BF gondu... he is on no other food.. n i intend to keep him on only that until 6 months...

ammani

2 people like this.
  6. sumathiramesh

sumathiramesh New IL'ite

Re: reduce tummy after c section

hai all ,

according to me , " tummy wear panty" is very gud. it worked out as an excellent tummy reducing method. ofcourse diet and exercise play the most important roles ,still atleast using this tummy wear panty helps to make the tummy flat compressing the tummy . it is not that we will get back a flat stomach , but we can hide it using the panty. it is available in naidu hall , shanthis in adyar . my doctor suggested me to use from the 10th day of my second delivery( c section). it is better to consult ur doctor regarding this

try it

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. jay

jay New IL'ite

Re: Belt to reduce post-pregnancy tummy

Hello Dear,

The belt is only to resist backaches after pregancy.no belt reduces tummy.

One thing you can do.....YOu can go for body shapers.It gives shape.

Do excericises and drint lemon juice+honey+warm water daily 3 times.

Bye

8. SSSMagic

SSSMagic Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends...
    Its almost a month for my sweet little girl sahana:) Its C-Section.. As the baby is in breach position dr went for it.. and the cut vertically.. As my uteres is byseptate during c-sec dr cleard it too..Am recovering.. Having mild pain.. How long i should be in rest? Still having my periods.. When ll it stop? From the begining itself am not BF as she wont suck:-(still am trying... taking milk using pump.. But now that too reduced:-(
    If am not BF then my tummy n uteres wont redused?And my breast size has increased during pregnancy is it ll redused r not???
    Shall i use bra?

9. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Please see my response in blue above.

10. sindhubheesetti

sindhubheesetti New IL'ite

Nice suggestions on top of that yoga(surya namaskar) also helps to reduce tummy

Sindhu