1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Post Pregnancy Weight Loss - 2

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Feb 20, 2013.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Few Suggestions and Recipes from my side

1. Listen to your hunger - If you are really hungry then you will eat a simple meal of roti and sabji, if you find yourself wanting to eat only fried food then its not hunger.

2. Nutritive meals - Make your meals as nutritive as possible with small or moderate amounts of fat.

3. Quick Meals - Keep easy quick meals in your fridge. I always have sprouts which I steam in microwave. It just takes 5 minutes. I can then prepare sprouts sabji, add them to my bhel or just have them with lemon and cucumber. They are healthy and take care of hunger very well.

4. Easy Tiffins - I used to carry paneer-peas stuffed grilled parathas whenever I was out shopping. As a new mom my body did demand food and if I did not carry a tiffin with me I always ended up eating lot of junk food. Stuffed parathas are easy to prepare and are mess free.

5. Vegetable daliya khichadi - This always works for weight loss and is very healthy too.

Ingredients

A) 2 tablespoon daliya/broken wheat + 2 tablepoon split green mung dhal.

B) 1 tsp ajwain/carom seeds.

C)1 tsp til seeds

D) Grated ginger

E) Finely chopped carrot and french beans (or any vegetable of your choice).

D) Salt to taste

Procedure - Pressure cook all ingredients with water to make khichadi. Consistency should not be very thick or runny.

I used to eat 1 big bowl of this khichadi with my sabji, dhal, raita and salad. Khichadi was just a replacement of roti. It really fills the stomach.

[​IMG]
    6. Vegetable roties

A) 1 cup wheat flour

B) 1/2 tsp ajwain/carom seeds.

C)1 tsp til seeds.

D) 1- 2 tablespoon finely chopped coriander.

E) 2 tsp grated ginger (you can add more if you like)

F) 1 grated carrot (or 1 cup grated cabbage)

G) Salt (optional)

Procedure

Make a soft dough using milk if possible and make roties.

These roties are extremely flavorful. You can have them with your meals or enjoy them with your tea in evening.

[​IMG]

7) Multi seeds roti -
    I have now started adding flax seeds, onion seeds and til seeds in my plain roti flour. They are nutritive and add flavor to a simple humble roti.

8)Multi grain roti - These roties are not very soft, they are chewy and I like them this way. You can mix and match bajra, jawar, sattu, soya, ragi flour. I also add oats to make roti flour.

9) Salad works - I was not a salad person before but now they are a must have in my meals. I cannot have salad before meals, I like to eat it between my meals along with my roti and sabji.

10) Lovely Thalis - A bought myself a big thali with separate sections. The idea is to fill it up to have a complete meal and its easier to wash too.

The first two thali have stuffed raw papaya roties and the third one has a multi seed roti.

[​IMG]

11) Planning- We all know that if we fail to plan then we plan to fail. Its very important to have a road map. You know what are your boundaries, your constraints and your priorities, so plan within your limits to achieve your goal. Just running head first towards weight loss will not achieve anything, so plan your diet and exercise according to your taste and convenience.

I have jotted down everything that I can think of right now that worked towards my post pregnancy weight loss. Please remember, that I am not an expert and my diet is based on what I am comfortable with. The diets mentioned in the post are sample diets i.e the things that I remember eating, I tend to eat every 2 hours (it can be a cucumber or a carrot or a fruit), I eat alot but I stick to healthier options.

Remember, the weight loss journey as always will be very frustrating and extremely disappointing but it will make you do things that you would have never done, it will teach you not accept things you do not like, it will force you not to bow down before things that you do not want. It will make you look beyond yourself to see what you are made of and to achieve what you always wanted to be.

2. ChandrikaV

ChandrikaV IL Hall of Fame

As always greatest post dear.....enjoyed reading it.....take care....I am hoping that you will share a picture of your LO soon

love
    Chandrika

3. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Remember, the weight loss journey as always will be very frustrating and extremely disappointing but it will make you do things that you would have never done, it will teach you not accept things you do not like, it will force you not to bow down before things that you do not want. It will make you look beyond yourself to see what you are made of and to achieve what you always wanted to be.

This is so true shiva..

Very nice post..regarding breaking post-preg weight loss..loved it

Sravani

4. smartgrl

smartgrl Bronze IL'ite

Very informative thanks dear. Love the colourful raithas and salads in your thali,can you explain them and their recipes? If its raithas is it only lauki? Or any other option.also regarding boiled sprouts for salad just pressure cook the green moong with salt and water and add to salads

5. melon123

melon123 IL Hall of Fame

shiva... a big thanks to u... u inspired me a lot when u said that u lost all ur pregnancy weight in 4 months.... i made my mind to do it... i brought in the changes u have mentioned here.... and managed to lose my 2nd pregnancy weight (baby is 6 months old now)... i have a long journey.... but i have started loving this weightloss journey!!!

6. shivachoubey

Dear Sravani,

Thanks a ton for liking my post.

Lots of love

regards

Shiva

7. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

I was looking forward to your blog on post partum weight loss for quite sometime and here it is.Very informative and inspiring.

8. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

After reading the 2 sections of your latest entry, I just have to say once again, in simple words, YOU ARE AWESOME !!

9. Neetha79

Neetha79 New IL'ite

Dear shiva.

Lovely to read your post....your patience and strong will is commendable....

10. shivachoubey

Dear Smartgrl,

How are you??

The colorful raita is Cucumber raita with little bit of beetroot water to give it color. I have shifted to cucumber raita now as it requires less preparation time.

I grate carrot, white radish, beet root and add the boiled sprouts, finely chopped salad leaves and corriander and squeeze a lemon. It tastes really nice.

As for sprouts, I just microwave them with little water. Cover the bowl in which you are microwaving the sprouts and use only enough water to create the steam, I microwave for 5 minutes.

Lots of love

regards

Shiva