Post Pregnancy Food Intake

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by gayathri123, Nov 8, 2017.

1. gayathri123

gayathri123 Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

It has been one month i delivered baby. Am slowly recovering and am on breast feeding. The problem is am feeling more hungry than usual... ex usually i will have 2 chapathi now its not sufficient for me and i ended up having 3 and half or 4 this leading to weight increase. Can any one suggest how to manage this.

2. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

It's ok u eat now healthy as u breast feed it's the best way to manage weight too..if u still feel then exercise is best..
    It's not just u mothers who breast feed eat more ..
    Eventually u will reduce the weight later running behind the little one .. just take care of yourself ..

3. soraj

soraj Senior IL'ite

hi.. its ok to eat 3- 4 chapati..we need to consume 500 calories extra... even with that we will reduce weight.. have m ilk... atleast 3 glasses in day.. if u Eat eggs, than atleast 2 eggs daily.. n also include dry fruits... i hv powdered dryfruits like cashew pista almond .. n mix with milk..n have...

4. gayathri123

Hello mommies,

Please help me.. am feeling very depressed
    1. Tried for vbac but ended with c section. I know its already 2 and 1/2 month post delivery but still its haunting in my mind that why i ended up with c section.i was very healthy active and diluted 8 water broke , got pains everything happened but ended up with c section.
    Already dont have support from my parents and in laws and now i got my periods. I still havent recovered completely but got my periods. I dont know why and not sure os it normal.because of painkillers and some midicines got some liver issuei have used eventhough my husband is very supportive now a days he is shouting and fighting on me for simple things .
    Why everything is hapoening to me only.nothing good is happening in my life. No one is there for support,sometimes am feeling like Leave everyone and go some where

5. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

First of all...take a deep breath. You do not need those unnecessary why's as of now. Why c section , why periods..its just not in your control. Its not a sin to have an operation. I have had two c sections and I am still healthy.
    Every body is different and reacts differently. Its ok to have your periods in two months time. Its considered average and many many women get periods even before than this and while exclusively breastfeeding.
    You seem to be facing some health issues for which you are taking medication. Don't ignore your health . Your little one is very young and needs his mom to be healthy.
    Your husband must be feeling pressured due to the responsibility of the new arrival and hence showing aggression.
    So you be the bog person and let him throw his tantrums as and when he pleases. I am sure they will pass in few minutes. You try to stay calm and think about your baby for a while.
    Ask someone from your family to come if you don't have any help or try to get more help if you need one.
    Most importantly get checked for postpartum depression. Our hormones sometimes play havoc with our emotions. So rule that out
    It is just a phase. Stay calm and wait for it to pass.

6. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op,C-section is not your fault. The doctor may have seen complication from your delivery progressing and did C-section. Your husband shouting on a new mother is not a way to go. You need to tell him to stop doing it asap. You also need to stop worrying about why C-section why not normal. It happened its in the past. If you keep brooding you will end up with post partum depression.Coming to periods every woman is different. My mom got it immediately after having us and I got in 2 months after delivery. My sisters got it after an yr. You cant keep blaming yourself for that.

Stop thinking about how much u have to eat to maintain weight. Now is not the time to think about weight and eating moderately. Chances are you are managing baby alone with everything so your appetite may be thru the roof. Eat well so you will be able to nurse the baby and take care of things smoothly. If you deprieve yourself of food to maintain weight you will end up with cranky baby and being irritated yourself.By now your daughter shud be asleep for longer durations like 3 hrs at a stretch. Does she do it. If she doesn't she is not getting her feed properly. Did you ask her ped about how she is doing. Good Luck.

7. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

OP- C sec is decoded by medical professionals not us so its ok.

Regarding eating, eat healthy food as much as you want to. I am still more hungry than ever and i blame it on breastfeed.

I noticed that breastfeed has also help me reduce weight not sure about this iam watching alot of what i put in mouth ( never been like this ) please try to eat as much as you feel ( hungry not impulsive junk eating ) .

congratulations on becoming parents. the tiredness and fighting are also part of it.blame it on hormones and enjoy with new baby.
    i am still doing it, baby is soon going to be one.

All the best !

8. gayathri123

Thank you all for your replies and support. Am feeling better now. Am not a opened person and cannot share my pbms or sorrows until i close to that person that why i dont know whom to share but wanted to share with some one so posted here. Thaks a lot for your support. Baby is doing fine and she is contimuosly sleeping for 3-4 hrs now. Did any one faced liver abnormalities(alt and act) numers high after delivery.

9. DhivyaRagav

DhivyaRagav New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am new to Indus ladies. My due date is May 15, 2018. Am Consulting with Dr.Uma Bharathy, Hindu mission hospital, tambaram, chennai. Uma bharathy doctor suggesting for c-section as it is my second delivery. My first delivery is also c-section. She is telling it is not possible to try for normal delivery. Any one had suggestions like me. Am bit confused whether I can change hospital and doctor. Any reviews about hospital and doctor would be of great help to me.

Thanks,
    Dhivya

10. playanoel

playanoel New IL'ite

Congratulations!!!

You can take all healthy food Like, Fruits, Green Vegetable, Ots and also take Milk, Eggs.