Post C Section Back Pain..kindly Advice

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by Needtobestrong, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

It's been 6 months or so since I delivered by c section...Spinal anaesthesia was given to me..
    Now and then I'm noticing lower back pain..at tailbone..it's becoming it difficult for me to do basic household chores or simple exercises..
    I'm taking calcium, vitamin D and iron capsules..but some days I m busy and forget to take them..
    I'm not working right now and I don't travel anywhere so sedentary lifestyle..
    What are possible reasons? I asked few relatives and acquintances about this and each till different reason for backpain
    Due to spinal anaesthesia
    Lack of sleep
    Improper posture
    Vitamin deficiency
    Weight gain
    I got appointment with doctor after 2 weeks only..want to know how I can naturally deal..I'm little worries as I want to be fit...I'm hypothyroid so I feel tired often, I retry to exercise now and then but not consistent..
    I have abdominal belt..I used initially but not using now as it irritates the skin...will it help in backpain and reducing tummy? Please advice.

2. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

It's most likely 2 and 3 and the constant bending down. Abdominal belt help to some extent, if it irritates your skin, wear a camisole first then the belt. For reducing the stomach, I also used one of those chilli slimming gel from ebay.

Needtobestrong likes this.
  3. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

With the passage of time...the pain subsides, though in my case it didn't go away completely.Massaging your lower back with mustard oil before retiring to bed offers relief.

4. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

Are you breastfeeding? If yes, then it could be due to your wrong posture.

5. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

You can also get your back massaged with Patanjali Peedantak Tel...very effective n ayurvedic.

6. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

No not breastfeeding..but I need to pay attention to posture anyway.

7. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Check with the doc if you can do mild ab exercises and keggel's .
    At 6 months you should be able to.

If he gives you the go ahead, please please do make the effort.
    I understand that life with a baby is hard, no time, no energy . But just 5 mins, 3-4 times a day will make a difference. You have to strengthen your abs, especially the lower abs, in order to reduce the strain on your lower back.

8. DrVandhana

DrVandhana Bronze IL'ite

Inorder to reduce backpain post c-section you need to follow certain things like, checking up with your Vitamin D Level,If it is below normal it can happen that your bonypains can aggravate and lead to one having suffered from sacrodynia. If its normal then others like CRP, RA factor can be checked too. Even if all these are in their normal limits, mothers can suffer from backpain as they strain themselves daily while taking care of their baby, while changing nappies, breastfeeding, bathing etc . So to get a relief from all these you need to correct your posture by lying down on bed straight and not sideways. Do not feed your baby by lying down on bed, instead feed them by sitting straight with the support of a pillow behind your back. While sitting on a chair try sit straight , so that your chest pushes out and forward, face leans forward and beyond the level of chest and hence your tailbone doesnot get pressed against the surface in contact and aggravate your pain. Another method that you can try is filling up a tub with warm water and rocksalt and sit in it for 15-20 minutes daily, probably while taking bath. This is called as sitz bath. After applying oils like murivenna, gandha tailam etc to the back, sitz bath can be done. After the bath, abdominal belts can be used for a prologed period so that it supports both abdomen and back. If abdominal muscles are sagging it gives more strain to the low back. Once the pain gets reduced, you can continue by doing lumbar stretching exercises and back muscle strenghtening exercises daily. Also include foods that contain vitamin d, calcium in your daily diet. Some amount of vitamin D is seen in foods like cereals, mushrooms, salmon, tuna fshes, liver, cheese, egg yolk etc. However one needs to get exposed to sunlight also as vitamin D is commonly known as a sunshine vitamin. Try not to sit on hard surfaces. If at all you have a sitting job, then get up in between and have a walk for 2 minutes. Do this every 15 minutes if you are a person who continuously sits. U can try using a cushion or a ring like tube that has a hole in the middle, so that you can get relieved from backpain. Avoid lifting heavy objects by bending your spine. Walking will reduce your pain and sitting for a longer time will aggravate it.