1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Positives of your MILs

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by SGBV, Apr 23, 2015.

1. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

my mil is a good cook. I love her cooking. She is a person of knowledge. she is good wife to my fil. Infact she left her govt job after marriage for the words of fil. She is very obedient to him. Which makes me wonder how a wonderful wife she is. She is beautiful too.

2 people like this.
  2. deepideepi

deepideepi Silver IL'ite

She is not much educated but she is always eager to learn new thing, she is quite smart to hide her fault and she pretend of being smart but she is not. She gather information from different different people and tell to other people. This way people think she is smart but the fact is she has only half of the information of everything and u know all that half information is how dangerouse.:rotfl

sindmani and VanithaSudhir like this.
  3. deepideepi

deepideepi Silver IL'ite

I think i should start a thread "Negetives of your MIL" i have never ending listideasmiley

4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot for responding.... Let's leave this discussion open, so many people can talk about the goodness of the MIL

sindmani likes this.
  5. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

My MIL is stingy(not to the core)..hence I got a chance to know on how to control spending and use the existing stuff. She tries to save max..so, phone bills, electricity, groceries, maid, etc expenses are min at my place. I am starting to like that concept.

sindmani likes this.
  6. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

My MIL is broad minded. She doesnt have this old fashioned thoughts. So i dont have much of interference in my grooming or general habits.

sindmani likes this.
  7. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

my MIL is a VERY GOOD WIFE...as this age also she just care for her hubby (FIL) and son..grand children ..relatives and all comes after that and at last DIL :hide:

sindmani likes this.
  8. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Another good quality that I see in my MIL as well. I never learnt to live with the minimums before I married to my husband. At MIL's place, they never do unnecessary expenses.
    Always home cooked meals. Even snacks and drinks are made at home only (this is something not normal at our place)
    She freezes the remaining meal in order for the next day. Initially I hated this habit, I thought she is being extra stingy. But now, it not only saves the money, but also your time and energy.
    So, now a days, I keep the remaining curry, rice, batter or dough in the fridge; thus hot home made meal is ready for anyone anytime without having to start from the beginning.

sindmani and Marzipan like this.
  9. AnithAnand

AnithAnand New IL'ite

My MIL is my savior at my tough times. She helps me a lot and she is very nice.
    Initially we had so many hiccups, we had lots of fights, lots of possessive things, possessiveness on my son, my hubby...oh my god... I had really tough time.. but time gradually changed.
    Now I am in overseas and I am missing her much.. I am talking to her in hours during the weekend.. so many gossips... even I am talking to my mom less than what I am talking to my mil.
    I applied visa and I took her to overseas last year just for a visit. She was so happy and excited. This year too, she is coming.
    I am just taking care of her as good as she is taking care of us.
    Still I do agree, the possessiveness used to rise, but I am keeping quiet those times. whenever there is a situation rise which I don't like, I am going on mute.
    It helps me a lot to avoid the unfair situations.
    God bless her for some more years and we really need their blessings.. I feel happy and proud about my mil.

shravs3 and sindmani like this.
  10. Grihani

Grihani Gold IL'ite

MIL has extreme patience with her husband, my FIL. Really the Pati Parameswar types of beliefs. Not sure if it is to be considered a positive quality, but that's something I can never be, that I know.

sindmani likes this.