Positive Thinking

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by goldenhoney87, Jun 15, 2018.

1. goldenhoney87

goldenhoney87 Silver IL'ite

How not to think and ignore about the negative stuff happened in the past when they cross your mind.
    Otherwise am a very happy person but atleast once a day bad instances( regarding mil, bil ) happened in the past come across my mind.Most of the times I look at the happy present and ignore.BUt sometimes I am not able to overlook though I know it isn't worth thinking.
    Help me to change this attitude of mine

Thyagarajan likes this.

2. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Even I used to experience this. But u should have lot of courage to ignore negatives even if they provoke u to the extreme. For ex. It is believed that Courageous people doesn't get afraid. But they too have fear but they overcome through guts and ignore unnecessary provocation s.

sindmani and goldenhoney87 like this.
  3. goldenhoney87

Courage.Trying to gather this.
    All of a sudden I am put off in a happy situation when things in past come across my mind.I pray for a while and motivate myself that doesn't worth thinking.HOw not to be judgemental and be positive is what i am trying to working on.Seems very difficult :(

4. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Thinking Positive

5. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

I can completely relate what you are going through. Some of the scars in mind will take time to erase.

Few years back I went to depression due to some unexpected incidents in life. It effected my health and mind. Worst part is they are my close family so I can’t cut them completely. But I took a break from every one.

A year after that those negative thoughts reduced. 2 years after that it reduced more. Even now when those bad memories cross in my mind I get sad/angry/used. Then I observe I am feeling low for no reason. I am throwing it at my dear ones who have no idea what is going on.

When I realize that, I just take 5 minutes break. Write down those feelings to my diary and listen to some energetic songs/listen a 2 minutes talk by guru/ and try to be back to the moment.

It is hard to be with those people, but in life we can’t unfriend everyone. So I try to maintain that relationship but however hard they may try I make sure I am not falling for the trap again.

There was a time I used to wonder if my life is going to be this much negative forever but trust me there is no pain which can’t be healed by time. God will bless us with new memories and new hopes but it will take time. I always remember this quoteBhagwan Ke Ghar Der Hai, Par Andher Nahi'

goldenhoney87 and messedup like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:it is and always it is the situation when we remain isolated and insulated from our close relative' and friends.
    2. To overcome such loneliness when mind tend to replay the bad and bitter "Black & White" scenes of past Have a radio as a companion even in kitchen and wc to avoid mind dwelling in the past. Cheat the mind at those times. Think more of times that you rejoiced in the past from your school college days.
    3. Mind is to be imagined as a container with mixed thoughts of sorrows and joys. Sorrows are greater but density less than that of joys. Sorrows state is liquid.joys are Solids. As long as the are in state of mixture and somewhat equal proportion, body tends to be almost normal but when exceeds the other and container is full, it results in either joy or bliss or despondency or depression.
    4. So it is a good idea to fill up the ontainer

With oreT and more of joyful moments of the past and present and at times future too so that sorrows sadness accumulated overflows and get rid of the container.
    Thanks and regards.
    GOD BLESS US all always.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    sindmani, goldenhoney87 and messedup like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

@messedup please read again as just edited now.
    Regards.

messedup likes this.
  8. goldenhoney87

Thank you sweety82, messedup, salad and thyagarajan sir.

messedup likes this.
  9. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for updating. The updated information is useful and worth following. .thanks.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

:hello:am glad that updated version caught your attention.
    God Bless.