Positive Hpt With Bleeding

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by saibulbul, Feb 6, 2018.

1. saibulbul

saibulbul Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    I had my period on 30-dec-2017 and on 05-feb-2018, I tested with hpt and got bfp. I was vey much happy, I was like crying for the bfp I got after 2 years of ttc journey for the first time. But in the evening of 05-feb-2018, I started bleeding in small amounts which increased on 6-feb-2018 but not like a normal period. For the past 2 months, I was having 28 days cycle. Today i.e. on 6-feb-2018, I again took a hpt in afternoon inspite of bleeding and it came positive and the second line was clearly visible and it showed up in a moment. I went to my OB and told about the same. He did a TVS and told me that no sac is visible and endometrium is irregular in shape but was confused. I am currently taking Letroze 2.5 and now I am confused. If its a chemical pregnancy then why I am testing positive with hpt and that too with the afternoon urine on the second day of bleeding. I am confused as I have to take letroze from second day of my periods for the next month.
    My question are:
    1) Should I take letroze.
    2) How long HCG remain in system after chemical pregnancy.
    3) Is there still a chance of me being pregnant after all these.
    The bleeding I experienced was less than normal period.
    Please ladies help me with your valuable suggestions. Sorry for the long post and too many questions.
    It gives me so much sorrow that I cant save my first baby and lost it. Why it happened. Why God gave me false hopes with the positive hpt and then snatched those happy moments from me in a while. Why Why Why. Still I am having tears I my eyes when I am writing this.
    I am posting a picture of the hpt I did on 06-feb-2018 afternoon.

Attached Files:

2. wish4miracle

wish4miracle Silver IL'ite

This is very hard but u try to compose yourself first to assess this situation. Its difficult i know but feeling negative would cause worse effects.

What did your ob/gym say about your ultrasound result? Did he come to any conclusion?. For viable pregnancy, there should be increasing hcg. U can get blood work hcg checked say today and on Friday to see if it's doubling or increasing. Get the blood check at home in private lab by giving sample at home itself. Don't travel. Also it could be early to see a sac as you may have ovulated little late than expected. I assume your 5 week by lmp. Please check with your doc for medicines to stop the bleeding if your hcg is doubling. If required, get second opinion. Take bed rest at home. Since it is very early, it is always unclear to say it's viable or not viable. Consider your test as positive sign and hope for best.

I will include you in my prayers.