1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

PONNIYIN SELVAN - IV Chapter 24

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Jul 31, 2013.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

This is the English Translation of Kalki’s Ponniyin Selvan, which has been nationalized by the Government of Tamilnadu and hence is in public domain.

The copyright for this translation however rests exclusively with the author, Varalotti Rengasamy.

No part of this work shall be reproduced, transmitted or otherwise dealt with in any form whatsoever except with the express written permission of the author. Quoting parts of the work for the purpose of literary criticism or comments, with due credits to the author is however permissible. The author morally asserts his copyright.

PONNIYIN SELVAN PART IV

THE CROWN

‘Chapter 24 – The Urgency Of The Princess

Original Author: Kalki
    Translation: Varalotti Rengasamy
    Editing Support: knot2share

© Varalotti Rengasamy aka R.Sridharan,MADURAI

Similar Threads
    1. curlytweethere
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. curlytweethere
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. gayababu
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sri,

Wow... what an episode...

The princess is having something up her sleeve.... curious to know what it is. Hoping that the prince is safe...

The large heartedness of the royal family comes out well when the Princess offers to give away all her personal belongings towards the relief works... My bow to her...

A fast episode... Poonkuzhali and Kunthavai... are characters one cannot forget.... Both are very strong women... I admire them...

Sri...regarding the translation... I am going to put ditto ditto henceforth, u can check the previous episodes for the same. ;-)

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nice turn of events here..don't know what to comment..immersed in reading the same.
    Thank you Sridhar for bringing this masterpiece to us through your words.

Sriniketan

4. cvvamsi

cvvamsi Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sridhar,

Great Episode. Want to know what is the princess going to ask the Chief Minister. And what is going to happen when the dumb queen comes to the chief minister?

5. varalotti

Dear Lalitha,
    It's your wows and other words of praise (and those of others) that make me work on this beautiful story.

The next chapter is quite revealing. Kalki can casually pack up so many things in a single chapter which will be proved tomorrow morning.

PS is sare? We are not sure as of now The monastery is being flooded is the latest news. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

We had people on the top like Kunthavai in those days. That leaves in us a sense of longing. thanks for coming in. And for the nice words about translation.
    love,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

thanks a lot, Bhargavi. That's what Kalki wanted. To immerse ourselves into the story. I consider it as my privilege to make you all happy and contented with this great story.
    thanks for coming in.
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Hi vamsi,
    thanks a lot. You will know that in the next episode. And there are so many things we'd come to know. that'll surely make us restless.
    regards,
    sridhar

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

This episodes was totally interesting. The noble intentions of Kunthavai and the emperor to help people in need as highest priority does make us wonder in disgust at our present day leaders of the country!
    However, it was strange for me that a minister, highly placed and most respected and so close to the emperor and Kunthavai do not have the keys to the treasury? Even the princess herself does not possess one..Hm, that makes their ruling sense a little questionable, does it not?
    Vanathi comes across as a little self-centered. Ah well, it could be love!

L, Kamla