1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

PONNIYIN SELVAN III -Chapter 3

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, May 23, 2012.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

that's the power of feminine charm, Akila. It's not for nothing that a host of beautiful women were involved in espionage during the world wars and many times they changed the course of the battle.
    As the story develops in Part III this will become even more interesting.
    sridhar

2. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

I pray both, the chozha clan and VT should be back in good condition....

"Nandhini... what are you planning next ? ", must be a very powerful bomb.

3. varalotti

Such is the power of Kalki's story-telling that we start praying for the welfare of the characters created by him.
    Of all the five parts this 3rd part is the fastest and the most thrilling. Thanks for joining us on this epic journey, susri.
    sridhar

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nandhini uses men who fall for her beauty, to attain her goal.
    True use of power!

Sriniketan

5. varalotti

She has a weapon which is a million times more powerful than AK 47 or even a modern day missile. There's a need as well. Why can't she use her powers?
    The pity is somebody like Parthibendran falls prey to her beauty.
    Let's wait and see,
    thanks for coming in, sis.
    sridhar

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

Nandini is not only beautiful, she is also very cunning and clever. A fatal combination and that is why all the men who near her fall prey to her. This time, it was very interesting to watch the spider Nandini spinning her web around Parthibendran. Poor guy, he is so smitten with her that he seems to have lost his mind totally. The old Pazhuvettaraiyar is also under her web. He is totally insecure about his beautiful wife!
    Intersting to note that they all think both the prince and Vandhiyathevan are dead. I wonder for how many episodes of the story will this illusion of his death continue.
    I did know that there are one or two more important female characters in this novel. I think one of them is Sembuvariayar's daughter. Story is surely picking up momentum. Can't wait to read the next episode!

Compliments to you on the translation once again and the editing of K2S!

L, Kamla

7. varalotti

Dear Kamla,
    Nandini is a lethal combination of beauty and brains. So many people fall for her. And yet Kalki at very rare moments show to us that she too is a woman with heart and feelings. And that makes us feel for her. And that explains why she is very popular in spite of her villainous nature.

Many people named their daughters as Nandini in spite of the fact that she is a shady character. That is the success of Kalki.

If only somebody takes a doctoral research on the women characters in Ponniyin Selvan, we'll not only know more about the author but also about women in general.

The character you are talking about is poetry in woman form. I don't want to spoil your suspense by hitting about her; we'll come to know about her later.
    thanks for coming in,
    love,
    sridhar

8. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

dear sir...
    Nandini is master strategist... wow what a description sea and man under spell of woman comparison is awesome....

9. varalotti

thanks, vjb. I am really happy that you are able to join us in this journey.
    those are Kalki's strenghts.