Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Ashna, Sep 21, 2006.

Re: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

1. Re: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Re: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. chinni123

chinni123 New IL'ite

Re: Support Group for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

Hi cheer,

i am also having PCO'S for last year.i am using metformin since 4 months.r u taking any medication. r u getting periods regularly ? i hope u will give the reply soon.

2. poornimahari

poornimahari New IL'ite

guide me advice oks

3. chinni123

chinni123 New IL'ite

hi poornimahari,

currently r u using any medicine like metformine? now u r 23 right...we can wait some time. yeah my gyn also told that not a prob to conceive. actually i am using metformin since 3 months now my period getting regularly. first thing is u have to maintain diet and do exercise daily.that will improve chances to get prognant. ok.. then

bye

4. poornimahari

poornimahari New IL'ite

thanks chinni,my gyn didnt give any medicince.so i am confused ,she just told wait and see for some times.but my periods r regulary i am not so fat,i have right height and weight.can u pls tell me is there is chance to conceive without any medicince

5. chinni123

chinni123 New IL'ite

hi poornimahari,

me also just 22 years old.my gyn told that first to reduce the wait. actually i am bit fat.first i have to reduce the weight after that she can give the medicine.

6. sssk

sssk New IL'ite

Hi Meetu,

Just thought of updating my progess on the Pranayam so far . It's been couple of days and I am trying to do the pranayam's, to start with I really really feel nice & light when I finish. Such a wonderful simple exercise to do. you said, there are 5-6 mudras. Are they
    Bhastakri Pranayam
    Kapalbahti Pranayam
    Bahya Pranayam
    Anulom-Vilom Pranayam
    Bhramari Pranayam
    Udgeeth Pranayam

Am I right, I feel Bahya Pranayam is very difficult and I can't do it now. It's very early for me. Were you doing these? Please share with me more.

Thanks for introducing this to me, God bless you & your family. Not only for PCOD, we all should try these for our general well beings. Please don't be bothered with my questions. Thanks a lot.

Await your reply.

7. meetushukla

meetushukla New IL'ite

Hi sssk,

Please, Don`t thank me for it, i feel u should be congratualted for having started it. Thanks for having that trust.

u r doing it rt. and i know bahya one is lil difficult so don`t try it too hard but ya i wud say IF at all possible just try it 1-2 times that too for maybe 8-9sec.

i remember i didn`t do it for quite some time, but then once i settled up with other pranayam comfortable then i did it that too for the minimal time. so if it bothers u alot just may be leave it for couple of days.

i hope it will help u.

Best wishes.

8. AswithaSri

AswithaSri New IL'ite

Molar Pregnancy

Hi All,
    My younger sister recently got molar pregnanacy. Do any of you let me know any treatment for this.
    Is this related with PCOS?

Thank you.
    Regards,
    Sri

9. ramya_psk

ramya_psk Senior IL'ite

10. Mohanawalambe

Mohanawalambe New IL'ite

There is a brialliant endocrinologist in vellore hospital he trted my daughter and still is . Ican give his email address you can get advise from him.
    Or see on cmc vellore.

A few of my friends have PCOD and are doing very well with treatment. As you must be aware of it, its very common in Asians. You need to get a good endocrinologist & ob/gyn to deal with this issue. Try to go by good reference from other patients or doctors.

As you mentionned earlier weight is the biggest problem... so you have to do your exercises religiously. There's no short-cuts for that. Also using drugs like metformin will bring down the insulin resistance & improve your glucose levels. Watch what you eat & consume more complex carbs & fewer simple sugars. High protein, high fiber diet helps.
    Another simple ingredient is Horse gram (Kulthi in Hindi, Kollu in Tamil). You can find it in Chitvish's recipes. But the easiest & the best way is just soak a palm full of horsegram overnight, wash it next day & pressure cook in excess water. Drink that water with salt. You can use it to make rasam too but it will get diluted. So instead of plain water drink this. Use the cooked dhal & make sundal or eat it plain boiled or however you like. But include this in your diet once or twice a week. Its a simple ingredient but effective in lower blood sugar & helps with regulating your cycle.

After you've conceived you have to be monitored closely 'coz of the cysts. As they rupture they can induce miscarriage due to changes in hormonal level. So some women are given hormonal injections to retain their fetus & may be advised bed rest in the 3rd trimester.

Good luck.
    L.[/quote]