Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Ashna, Sep 21, 2006.

Re: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

1. Re: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Re: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Dear lavanaya,

Thanx a lot for ur advice, well i'm diagnosed with Metformin since aug/06 & doing exercise too to loose weight. if u know something else regarding this, plz let me know.

Once again Thanx a lot

PS-i really not get it what is horsegram??? never heard, anybody can plz tell me

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  2. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Its called Kulthi in Hindi you can ask in Indian/Pakistani grocery store. Its a brown colored whole dhal or legume about the size of whole moong only more flatter.
    -L.

3. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheer

Usually horse gram is used as feed for horses that is why it's name. In Telugu it is called ulavalu and ulava charu is a famous Andhra recipe. It is soup with horse gram and is very delicious when served with fresh cream.

You can get them in any grocery store.

Regards
    Varudhini

4. priyanka

priyanka Junior IL'ite

Hi

I have PCOD since 3 years now.I have been taking Metformin and underwent all the fertility treatments including IUI.I don't have weight issues.I had met many girls with the same problem and most of them opted IVF.I am also thinking about this.

With PCOD ,Has anyone concieved naturally ?I have heard that after having children,PCOD disappears.Is it true?

Thanks
    Priyanka

5. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Couple of my friends have conceived naturally but had to be under medication in their last trimester to prevent premature birth.
    Sometimes the high circulating amounts of progesterone helps to reset the "fine tuning" of the female hormones. This is responsible atleast in part to cure PCOD. But it does not necessarily fix it for all or fix it permanently either. Some women still have a tendency to rupture follicles during pregnancy which may trigger miscarriage this is the reason they have be to monitored closely & some are put on drugs to prevent premature birth.
    My suggestion would be to try to conceive naturally even before you try IVF as that will be physically & mentally taxing to both partners. Sometimes ob/gyn give 1 cycle's worth of birth control pill & once you finish that you ovulate naturally & this can help you conceive naturally. While others take "clomid" or other non-steroidal ovulatory drugs for 5 days to jump start your ovulation - ofcourse in this scenario one has a chance of conceiving twins or triplets more often (similar to that in IVF).

L.

6. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Thanx lavanya & varudhini i got it, it's i think black gram & in hindi we call Kale Chane. Thanx lavanya i'll try ur receipe tomorrow. Thanx a lot.

7. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Dear Priyanka,

I'm also having PCO's for last 5 yrs, when i first came to know abt this my gyn told me that on the time of conceiving she will give me some injections, but then we moved to canada & forget abt it. & when i got pregnant i didn't care abt it becoz we were thinking if we conceived then there is no further importance of pco's & that was our biggest mistake, i had 2 miscarriages & last time my gyn told me that becoz of PCO's my overy can't hold baby.

This time when i went to India i did whole check up & my gyn told me that i have to continue metformin until first trimester & she also gave me some other medicines with metformin. I'm planning to try again around apr07.

Tha's why i'm so tensed. If anybody knows anything else abt this would be really appreciated.

BTW what is IVF????

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  8. vanmathi

vanmathi New IL'ite

Re: pregnancy

hi
    I am vanmathi.New to this.I am in a great confusion, pls help me to solve my problem.I think i am pregnant 7 weeks.I am new to US.I came here before six months with my husband.My periods are some what irregular but it is normal.
    Now i think i am conceived my home pregnancy test also give me the positive results.But for doctors appointment i have to wait for another 10 days.In that situation it may be more than 9 weeks.If its any problem to me.what type of tests i have taken.As i am in us i wont tell this to my parents without conformed by a doctor.If its negative means they will feel lot.In this situation i dont know what to do?Regarding i have to check with a pediatrician or gynocologist.Give me ur suggestion until i met a doctor
    regards
    vanmathi

9. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Re: pregnancy

most of home pregnancy test are 90% accurate, if it show's positive that means u're pregnant.

10. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hi cheer,
    black gramdal is different itz not horsegram. check this out in store.