Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Ashna, Sep 21, 2006.

Re: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

1. Re: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Re: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Geetu,
    PCOC can be cured with proper medication, good diet & exercise.... Weight loss is important. Concentrate on that.
    Reduce the carbohydrate intake. Include more vegetables & fruits...
    These will help.... Check out the weight loss forum & you may get more pointer!
    All the best.
    Baby dust to you.

2. Reema2

Reema2 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I have been diagnosed with PCOD last year however my periods are not affected at all. Idon't show any signs of a PCOD person. I am a little overweight though and the doctor showed me the string of pearls near my ovary during one of the scans. I needed to know if I ovulate regularly? Do the ovulation signs(clear CM, increased drive etc) in a PCOD person mean that they have actually ovulated that month if in case they have'nt charted their temerature? Hope I was able to explain my doubt :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2012
  3. yourbhavana

yourbhavana New IL'ite

There is no cure as such for PCOS,

But I have had PCOS eversince menarch, was always overweight,, Got married with a weight of 65 kgs, increased to 68 and stated taking metformin and strict diet for 2 months, reduced to 66 and conceived on clomid.
    Second child also was on metformin and clomid when i weighed 74 kgs, Now blessed with 2 kids and still trying to lose weight, lost weight abt 10 kgs with Herbalife and now at 64 again

4. mahathibhaskar

mahathibhaskar Senior IL'ite

hi.

i never had any issues with my periods before. they were so regular untill i had my first kid and untill i came us. after coming here my periods became irregular gradually. i lived here for 2 years with out single period. i had put on 20 kgs nearly in those two years, but how a big question mark. we went back to india and was diagnized with PCOD. my gyno there prescribed me BCP and i used them for 6 months. we stayed there for 1 year. i never had any maid in my home i did all the work myself. raagi java with milk is my break fast. my lunch defenetely has ulavacharu. and my dinner is either ragi mudda or ragi sankati. i never felt starving. but i lost 13 kgs in 1 year. again after 1 year we came back us and planning for our second child. i followed fertility friend and got concieved in 3 month of ttc. now iam 5 months pregnant with almost no complications (touchwood). my mom used to prepare ragi powder with sprouted ragi, barley and saggubiyam. it really helped me reduce my weight.

once try the above diet for few months.. iam sure it deffenetely works for weight loss in pcod.