1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Polluted Politicians

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by periamma, Sep 20, 2018.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

To save the environment Govt.has established Pollution control board .If we want to start an industry a No objection certificate is a must from this board.Ok people are happy with the duties of the board.There are many Politicians and Business men who pollute the country with their greediness.why there is no control board to eradicate such people?Government enforces rules and regulation for common people but not for those Royal people. why such partiality?

River Tamiraparani is a perennial river in my native district Tirunelveli.It starts from the western ghats and flows throughout the district and finally it flows into Bay of Bengal in the EAST.There are many temples on both sides of the river .Saivite and Vaisnavite temples called NAVAKAILAYAM and NAVATHIRUPPATHI .Temple for Lord Siva is situated from the origin and destination of the river.During Mahashivaratri people worship all the Siva temples and during Vaikunda Ekadasi people go to Navathiruppathi. After a decade we are celebrating Tamiraparani Pushkaram from October 12th to 22nd and the whole district is geared up for this Divine event.
    Now the Politicians are making unnecessary comment that the river will be polluted if Lakhs of people take bath and so they want to ban the Pushkaram.Isn't it a very silly reason?These people have no guts to fight with Factories which drain their wastages into the river and pollute it.They don't give voice for the people but ready to go against them.Now who is going to fight against these polluted Politicians?

2. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Nala kelvi maa!!:hello: I am not talking in favor of the politicians and I'm very much spiritual person but I do have concerns on river getting polluted, maa…
    I had visited kashi & trivani sangam (Allahabad) in 2015, no words to express about the cleanliness...I doubt if god would be really residing there :facepalm::facepalm: :BangHead::BangHead: and finally when they said to take a holy dip I was like :fearscream::fearscream::fearscream:

Frankly speaking devotes don't really bother to maintain the purity and yes, definitely it needs to be prohibited to retain the value of the places. I do agree its not good to hurt the sentiments of devotes who unintentionally pollute the river, least worried of the effects and only concerned on their belief in taking holy bath in the river.
    Maybe government can come up with some alternatives which maybe easily acceptable by the public...

:worship2: to your bold attack and your valuable question
    Need to check with google assistant, maa. :lol::lol:.I really have no answer to this question.. If we need a change, certainly it needs to be from the grassroots. will that happen??? No answer ;) Sure I may not be there to witness it :)

Well penned maa. :clap2::clap2:

GeetaKashyap and periamma like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Periamma,

One person I revere a lot has renovated so many Temples and rivers and he is now working on cleaning Cauvery in Karnataka. Someone like him should be in Tamilnadu to take initiative to clean the river and keep separate Ghats for people to take holy dip.

Regarding politician, the only way the change would happen to cleanse the political field is people's movement that happens at the village, district, municipal and city level to slowly move into the state and central level. Even if it takes 50 years, it would eventually happen.

Viswa

vrikshakadali, Adharv and periamma like this.
  4. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Adharv Thanks for your response ma .Though the devotees do this Pushkaram is taking place in the North and govt have not banned this holy dip. But in our place we celebrate after a decade and People are excited and waiting for the occasion. Now the govt woke up from sleep and getting ready to ban the celebrations. In temples special poojas are arranged for those ten days .Anyway God will do what HE likes

5. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Viswa sir
    Thanks for your response .Students from schools and colleges and some voluntary organization taking part through out the year. Now separate ghats are built up for the holy dip. So no fear of safety as118 ghats are built along the river.
    It may take a long time for the process of cleaning the political field. Let us hope for the best

6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

7. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I just cannot understand the logic of it periamma. When they can allow lakhs of people to take bath in a small pond on Mahamagam day, why restrict it in a flowing river? There is a story that talks about a poet who cursed this river and it became very salty near its journey's end.

periamma likes this.
  8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Cheeniya The same question flashed in my mind. What do they get by opposing this? New information about the river cursed by a Poet. There are a lot of Uppalams near the place where the river flows into sea. May be that is the reason for the salty taste. This is my guess. Once Pearls were found at a place called Korkai which was a big harbour in Pandiya dynasty .Trade was done with Eastern countries from this harbour.Thanks Cheeniya sir

9. PavithraS

PavithraS Platinum IL'ite

Dear periamma,
    A timely snippet on not only Pushkaram but also on polluted politicians :)
    Well put.:clap2:

Based on the Planetary position of Jupiter, Guru Peyarchi, from one Rasi to another (zodiac sign)every 12 years we celebrate Pushkaram in a particular river and also take other holy dips like Maha Magam in Kumbakonam, Thula Snanam in River Cauvery, Mayavaram,but this year's Tamirabarani Pushkaram is very special as it is a Maha Pushkaram which happens only once in every 144 years. You are very blessed to be there in the place to have a chance to take a dip in the Holy River, periamma ! Would like to share here a web link that explains about this event (both in English and Thamizh) Thamirabarani Pushkaram

Me too followed the news about this. But looks like the Government officials, including HR & CE and District Administration, have cleared the air about the 'supposed ban' issue. They have blamed this news on an 'ill defined circular'. No ban on Maha Pushkaram but only HR & CE officials have directed Temple Authorities not to take the temple Idols on a procession for the Holy Dip as they say it is against 'Agama Rules'. I am not sure if it is true or false. Only those well versed in Shaiva Agamam and Vainava Principles can explain. I would like to share a web link to the news regarding this clarification published in The Indian Express. HR&CE clears air on Maha Pushkaram

It is believed that Vishnu Bagwan's last Avatar of Kalki will happen in the banks of River Tamirabarani ! We can wait for Him to fight against all forms of atrocities that happen in Bhulokha or we can do something meaningful on our own - to start with- voting for the right person during election times. Many a drop make an Ocean. We can not bring about much change as a single person, but when we all join together and strengthen our core values, good things are bound to happen. That is what I, like you and many others wish and hope for. Hope is such a sweet thing :)

Regards,
    Pavithra

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    periamma likes this.