1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Poky Relatives Calling Again

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sapna56, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Sapna56

Sapna56 Bronze IL'ite

the poky relatives who made me and my sil distant apart more are again calling us to stay at their place. Actually I told some gossip about sil when we were not in good terms. Relative purposely told everything to my sil. SIL was hurted and I felt very bad I should have not said that. Everything got backfired on me. Now that relative is showing too much closeness with my sil. With all this happend I do not want to face her again in front of all other friends and sil too. It would be embarrassing for me. How do I reject their invitation gracefully? Please suggest.

2. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

OP,Brush off the invitation . Cut your contact gradually. Word of advice, never ever tell about in laws to relatives. It will come back to bite you almost always. That relative is a troublemaker too. If they had good intentions they wudnt have repeated what you told. They wanted to make trouble for you. They may have wanted to be close to your SIL and you presented them with a perfect opportunity.Tell them you have some classes to take which are only offered the days they invited. Better yet you are sick.Good Luck.

SantoshiC and sindmani like this.
  3. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

You cannot control what anyone else says and does. only your actions and reactions are under your control. Remember that when you interact with them. You don't need a reason if you don't want to go simply text saying it isn't suitable this weekend but perhaps another day .

sindmani likes this.
  4. SantoshiC

SantoshiC New IL'ite

5. SantoshiC

SantoshiC New IL'ite

Chocolate is very true!
    All the best