1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Poha & Upma

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Ambreen, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Ambreen

Ambreen New IL'ite

Hello Dear Ladies,

Hope all is well at your end. I just wanted to know about Poha and Upma. Actually I was reading this book " Women and Weight loss tamasha" By Rujuta Diwekar, and she mentioned that it is best to take poha or upma in you breakfast. Since Im not Indian that is why I dont know what are these. Do they come in certain packing? If yes then can you tell me name of any of its brands? Whar are they called in English? I live in Pakistan. Does any one know where can I find them here?

2. Rajashrie14

Rajashrie14 New IL'ite

Dear Ambreen,

Hope all is well on your side.. Coming to ur question, POHA is nothing but dehusked rice which is flattened into flat light dry flakes.These Flakes will swell when they are added to liquid whether it is cold or hot...The thickness of these rice flakes may differ. Its is easily digestible form of raw rice and is very popular across Nepal, North East India ,normally used to prepare snacks or light and easy fast food in a variety of Indian cuisine.

And coming to Upma,It is very popular breakfast dish in south india... Upma is usually made out of Sooji (Rava) ,Vermicilli, Oats,broken rice (TO my knowledge).

Hope my reply helps u to some extent..

Thanks and regards.... Good day

1 person likes this.