1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Poetic lines from tamil movies- please share your favorites

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by DDC, Aug 3, 2010.

1. singapalsmile

singapalsmile IL Hall of Fame

PROMPTS vachchu challenging ah prompt tharaen:

PROM
    - Programmable Read Only Memory
    PTS - Pointers

Eppadi venaalum interpret pannikkonga..Idharkku porundhum vagaiyil oru sweet nothing share pannunga..:wink::wink:

kaniths and jskls like this.
  2. singapalsmile

singapalsmile IL Hall of Fame

Inru WA la padiththadhil enakku romba pidiththadhu..naan pala varudangalaaga kadaippidikkum pazhakkam idhu..:smile::smile:

Adhu ennavo theriyaadhu --> enga Amma/my most fav school miss enakku 'thanks' sollumpodhu avlo sandhosamaaga unarvaen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Question: What is the best advice your mother ever gave you?

Answer By Jonathan Pettit

I was about ten. My mom had just finished creating one of her amazing meals, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Delicious. Later, as I was washing the dishes, my mom came up to me. “Sorry dinner was so awful again,” she said.

I was shocked. “What? No, it was great. I loved it.”

“Really?” she said, with mock surprise. “You always eat so quietly, never saying anything. You’ve never told me you liked my cooking, so I thought you hated it.”

“No, you’re the best cook I know.”

“Then you should tell me that,” she said. “Whenever someone does something nice for you, you should thank that person. If you don’t, then she might think she’s not appreciated and stop doing those nice things.”

Something clicked right then. From that day forward, I thanked everyone for literally everything. If you did something that even vaguely helped me, I thanked you profusely. It became a habit, something I didn’t even think about, and that’s when the magic started happening.

People liked me more. They talked to me more, shared with me, were more friendly. In my first year of high school, during the final week, I came home and found a giant freezie (a kind of sweet frozen snack) waiting for me. “Thanks, mom,” I said instinctively.

“This isn’t from me, she said. “This is from your bus driver.” He had been driving that bus for years, and my siblings and I were the first people to ever thank him as we got dropped off. Those two simple words made a huge difference, so much so that he went out of his way to tell our mom and give us a present.

That’s the power of appreciation. When you have it, all is right in the world, but when it’s missing life is empty. My mom taught me many things, but taking two seconds to say ‘thank you’ every time, in any situation, was the best.

*Debriefing of this Story*

You would have met people who call themselves as good critics but have you ever a person who says I am good at appreciating others? Isn't that a sad part of our society?

Let's start appreciating people more frequently especially people who are close to us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

தப்பை தட்டி கேட்டு உறவு சுற்றம் என்று இழந்திருக்கிறேன். ஒரு சில நட்புறவுகளுக்காக பேசி நான் பழியை ஏற்றிருக்கிறேன்.

singapalsmile and kaniths like this.
  4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

5. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

வேதா உங்கள் வாட்ஸ்அப் பகிற்வு பற்றி இன்று ஒரு தோழியிடம் உறையாடிக்கொண்டிருந்தேன்.

Recently a friend had shared her kids artistic ability withher group and she received so much appreciation from her friends. she felt bad that
    Inspite of kids talent because of lack of appreciation from the teacher or rather extreme criticism from the teacher kid left learning the art form. Both parent Nd kid had invested years of learning thousands of hours in practice but never once the kid received any positive reinforcement from the Guru. A little appreciation would have made a big difference in the kids life. I realized how much appreciation is important especially to kids as we never know how far a little appreciation can lead a kid towards their goal. Yes, as u said Ive taught my kids to appreciate all the kindness they receive in any form.

singapalsmile and kaniths like this.
  6. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Onnume thonalanu promptu ketta... :eek::eek:

Vazhga thaikulamey! Valarga ungal sevai! :D

singapalsmile and jskls like this.
  7. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Enna oru whatsapp grp la kindal pannuvaanga thx solrathukkaagave irukeenga nnu - appa enna appadi valarthuttaar nnu solven

kaniths and singapalsmile like this.
  8. Sweeti83

Sweeti83 Gold IL'ite

YT - கண்ணுக்குள் நூறு நிலவா - வேதம் புதிது - SPB/Chitra

ஆணின் தவிப்பு அடங்கிவிடும்
    பெண்ணின் தவிப்பு தொடர்ந்து விடும்
    உள்ளம் என்பது உள்ள வரைக்கும்
    இன்ப துன்பம் எல்லாமே இருவருக்கும்

YT - கண்ணாலே காதல் கவிதை - ஆத்மா - KJ/SJ

வலையோசைகள் உன் வரவை கண்டு
    இசை கூட்டிடும் என் தலைவன் என்று
    நெடுங்காலங்கள் நம் உறவை கண்டு
    நம்மை வாழ்த்திட நல் இதயம் உண்டு

9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

This song is to commemorate Navarathri

10. Sweeti83

Sweeti83 Gold IL'ite

Indha paadal youtube la pudhu padalgalai thedum pothu ketka nerthandhu.

This is one of my fav song. when the movie released this song frequently played in FM on that times.
    But after long time i heard this song now.

jskls likes this.