1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Poetic lines from tamil movies- please share your favorites

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by DDC, Aug 3, 2010.

1. singapalsmile

singapalsmile IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Bhargs. :grinning::grinning:

Ennoda close friend saarbil nanri..

சின்ன வயதில் அழுவது எனக்கு சுகமாக இருந்தது - மொத்த குடும்பத்து நபர்களும் என்னை சமாதானப்படுத்த பாடு படுவார்கள்.

knbg likes this.
  2. singapalsmile

Hi Anu,

உங்களுக்கு அப்போ உதவி செய்யாமல் கை விட்ட கடவுளுக்கு நான் இப்போ மனமார்ந்த நன்றி சொல்லிக்கொள்கிறேன் - கடவுள் உங்களுக்கு அப்போ உதவி இருந்தால் உங்களை போல ஒரு உண்மையான நண்பர் எனக்கு கிடைத்து இருக்கவே மாட்டார்..:grinning::grinning:

பொத்தி வச்ச மல்லிகை மொட்டு பாடலுக்கு அடுத்ததாக நான் அதிகபட்சமாக எனது வாழ்வில் கேட்ட பாடல் இது..இந்த பாடல் இந்திரலோகத்தில் பயணித்த உணர்வை தரும்..:wink::wink:

என்ன ஒரு வரி - "தண்ணீரில் முழ்கிக் கொண்டே தாகம் என்றாய்"

இந்த பாடல் கேட்கும்போது ஒரு வித மயக்கம்.. .:wink::wink:
    ரிசர்ச் பண்ண எனக்கு இப்போ நேரம் இல்லை..நேரம் கிடைக்கும்போது இந்த படம் தேடி பிடித்து பார்க்கிறேன்..

anushri and knbg like this.
  3. singapalsmile

knbg and anushri like this.
  4. singapalsmile

இந்த WhatsApp பதிவை படித்தவுடன் ஏனோ என்னுடைய சொந்த அனுபவம் ஒன்று எனது நினைவிற்கு வந்தது..

சில வருடங்களுக்கு முன் எனது குடும்பத்தாரோடு நான் ஒரு கோயிலுக்கு சென்று இருந்தேன். கோயிலின் வெளியே ஒரு சிறுமி பூ விற்று கொண்டு, பூவை வாங்க சொல்லி என்னிடம் கேட்டு கொண்டிருந்தாள். அம்மா ஏற்கனவே பூ வாங்கி இருந்ததால் நான் பூ வாங்கவில்லை. ஆனால் அந்த சிறுமியை பார்த்த போது எனக்கு பாவமாக இருந்தது. பூ வேண்டாம் இந்த பணத்தை சும்மாவே நீ வைத்து கொள் என்று பணத்தை நீட்டினேன். அந்த சிறுமி பணத்தை சும்மா வாங்க மறுத்து விட்டாள். ஸ்கூல் போறியா? என்று நான் கேட்டேன். ஆமாம் என்று அந்த சிறுமி பதில் சொன்னாள். நோட்டு, பேனா, பென்சில் வாங்கி தந்தால் வாங்கிப்பியா? என்று நான் கேட்டேன். அதற்கும் அந்த சிறுமி வேண்டாம் என்று மறுத்து விட்டாள். கடைசியில் நான் அந்த சிறுமியிடம் பணம் கொடுத்து பூ வாங்கினேன். ஏழ்மை நிலையிலும் நியாயமான வழியில் பணம் சம்பாதிக்க வேண்டும் என்ற திடமாக இருந்த அந்த சிறுமியை பார்த்து நான் பிரமித்து போனேன்..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE SALES GIRL IN CHENNAI GIRI STORE, THROUGH THE EYES OF “ WASHINGTON POST.”

After the Temple Darshan at the Kapaleeswarar Koil at Mylapore, we entered the "Giri Trading stores"
    and started searching for this Book on "Thatva Bodha".

We found many people buying various Books and CDs and from their smart walks and accumulation of CDs
    from Abhang to Aruna Sairam and Bhajans to Bombay Jaishree, sent a nice feeling in us, that we have come to
    the right place indeed.

I was looking for this Book while my wife started collecting Bharathiar's songs and MS's Music. I searched
    everywhere for this Book.

There was this Girl, standing next to the Cashier, sincerely watching all our movements - a dark complexioned
    Girl, should be from a nearby Village, might be 17 or 18, should not have crossed 8th Std., might be out of poverty
    she is here.. All my Journalist's brain unnecessarily calculated about this Gullible Girl..and tho' she was repeatedly
    watching me, I ignored her and started searching for "Thathva Bodha".

I saw many books from "Sandhya Vandanam" to Swami VIvekananda's "Chicago Speech" but having spent a
    good 40 minutes. I looked at her, she also looked at me curiously.

I did not asked her, knowing fully well that such a girl cannot have any idea of anything, leave alone "Thathva
    Bodah".

"Sir, may I help you?" (in Tamil)
    "Yes. I am looking for 'Thatva Bodha' "
    "Sanskrit Text or English/Sanskrit?"
    God..she knows. "Sanskrit & English"
    "Do you like to have the Publication from Chinmaya Mission or Indu Publications or by Ramakrishna Mutt?"
    "I don't know..I just want to only Learn you see.. I don't really know indeed"
    "Do you read Tamil Sir?"
    "Yes I am a Tamilian " (thinking to myself how most of mylife time I like to act in most Other places that I am not)
    "Then Sir, you can take this"..she ran to the shelf where I had searched for 30 minutes, removed the books in
    the front and came out with a Book in Tamil.
    "This one in Tamil by N.Sivaraman by Indu Publications infact is simple and wonderfull. You have the Sanskrit
    Text too inside."

My God! Why did I under estimate such a Genius. Just because of my Arrogance that I am an NRI. Or Just
    because I presumed such a Black, dark complexioned, gullible girl, who would have come for this job out of absolute
    poverty, wouldn't have any idea of "Thatva Bodha".

I decided to change my attitude and realized that I am absolutely an 'Idiot' at this moment in front of this
    wonderful girl and submitted myself in all humility. "Madam, I really don't have any idea of even who wrote 'Thatva
    Bodha' till yesterday. I just attended a lecture on this subject and was fascinated by the lecture and hence....."

"Did you attend Goda Venkateswara Sastri's lecture in Bharathiya Vidya Bhavan?"
    "Oh God. How did you know?"
    "He regularly takes classes on such subjects. In fact he is one of the best Sir, in the city on such subjects."
    "You are interested in such subjects?"
    "Yes Sir, I read a lot about Swami Vivekananda and Ramakrishna and Thathva Bodha incidentally is my favourite
    Subject"
    "Do you mean to say you have read Thatva Bodha?"
    "I have read this one by Sivaraman. Once you read it you won't feel like keeping that book on the table at all."

"Why what is so great about this Book?"
    "Sir,you must be joking that you don't know about 'Thatva Bodha'."
    "Really. I accept my ignorance."

My wife was watching from the corner, admiring all her CD collections.

"Sir,according to me, if you read this it gives the entire Vedanthic Saramsam and to say it in-one-word you
    become a bit more humble in life, leaving Ahamkaram once for all."

"Is it a fact that reading this simple book one would get so humble?"
    "Of course one should be involved totally into the text. Needs a lot of conviction and devotion."

My wife joined the conversation and she felt this girl is indeed a very very talented intelligent girl, so she told
    me, "Why don't you interview her for Washington Post? Why at all you should think of Paris Hilton?"

I also felt that I owe something to her.. So, I asked her whether she can spare sometime for an interview.

She politely refused saying "My boss is to give me permission. Besides, many people are looking for guidance
    or help, like you and hence I have to go."

"What is your name?"
    "Kalaivani."

My wife's admiration for her devotion to duty and her total involvement in her work, made her go direct to
    the Boss and said, "Sir,that girl Kalaivani."
    "Yes very hard working Girl."
    "This is my husband Viswanath."
    "Nice meeting you Sir"
    "He is the Senior Journalist in Washington Post."
    The Boss stood up." Washington Post?"
    "Yes Sir. I would like to interview this girl. I am highly impressed with her ethics."

The Boss called her. Time was 5:45 Pm. "Kalaivani, they have come all the way from USA., They would like
    to spend some time with you. Can you?"

"Sir, there are so many customers waiting for some guidance. as it is a rush time. If they can come again
    tomorrow."
    "OK. I can come again tomorrow."
    I came back next day morning leaving all my appointments with 'Times of India 'and “Madras Press Club “ just
    to see this girl. It was no rush hour.

My wife and myself found out. Kalaivani is from a small village near Arcot. She has 5 sisters, she being is the
    eldest. Her father was a drunkard and he died a few years ago caring for none of them. Her mother used to work as
    a helper in Masonry and passed away two years back, leaving all the 6 on the streets.

This girl who had completed her 9th std decided to search for a job and 'Giri Trading' came forward to help her
    out. She brought up all her 5 sisters with her and with her meagre salary she is taking care of them. All the 5 sisters
    are going to a nearby Chennai Corporation School.

"Kalaivani. But when did you get this enthusiasm to learn about 'ThatvaBodha'?"

"Sir after joining here, I decided that the best way to be of help to the customers is to know the Subject first.
    I took small Books on Ramana, Ramakrishna, Swami Vivekananda and started reading. I found the subject so fascinating..
    I decided to read other books in Tamil like Bhagavad Gita, and Viveka Choodamani. Thats how...."

"What is your salary?"
    "Rs 2,500/ a month, Sir."
    "Are you able to manage all your expenses with the 5 sisters?"
    "Not at all Sir, but the Boss helps me a lot."
    "What is your aim in Life ?"
    "I want all my sisters to get education. Then they would easily get employment. Is it not Sir?"
    "If I give you Rs 10,000 per month, for meeting all your expenses, would that suffice?"
    "It is indeed too much, but I would accept it only through my Boss."
    We took her to the Boss and told him that we would like to send Rs.10,000 every month so that all her
    sisters' education would be completed

The Boss said "She deserves it Sir. You can trust me - I will hand over the amount to her every month
    or alternately you can open an account in her name and start transferring to the account."

My friend John Paul, who is the Regional Manager of 'Times of India' had also come with me. He said, "You
    have done a good thing."
    My wife said, "I pray that 'Karpagambal' helps Kalaivani to become an expert in 'Vedantha' and start giving
    lectures in USA . We can arrange for her lectures."

We left wonder struck! If we go into the interiors of India, how many more 'Jewels' like Kalaivani can
    be found!!

I really became humbled!

Really the above incident teaches you an important lesson. Be humble and open always. Never underestimate others without knowing them. It can be misleading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

knbg likes this.
  5. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

Today's Childhood song..

தோட்டத்திலே பல பூக்கள் உண்டு
    நீதானே என் சிகப்பு ரோஜா
    இன்றும் என்றும் என்னை உன்னுடனே
    நான் தந்தேன் என் ஆசை ராஜா

Roopamanju and knbg like this.
  6. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

:beer-toast1::worship2::worship2:

7. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

இனிய மகளிர் தின வாழ்த்துகள் தோழிகளே...

anushri likes this.
  8. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

SJ's laughter.....as a child, tried to imitate that....lol..thanks anu

anushri likes this.
  9. singapalsmile

Anu,

உலகநாயகனின் பாடல்களை தொடர்ந்து போட்டு கலக்கறீங்க..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Childhood la indha maadhiri song ketrukkeengalaa? Appove ungalukku 'Sukra dasa' nu sollunga..:wink:

இந்த படம் 'நல்ல' படம் இல்லை. அதனால் இன்று வரை நான் பார்க்கவில்லை. இனிமேலும் பார்க்கப்போவதில்லை.

anushri likes this.
  10. singapalsmile

Bhargs,
    நன்றி. தங்களுக்கும் இனிய மகளிர் தின வாழ்த்துக்கள். :grinning::grinning:

knbg likes this.