1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

pneumonia

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by nithya0781, Feb 25, 2009.

1. nithya0781

nithya0781 Senior IL'ite

dear friends......my daughter is 21/2 years old.....last month she had pneumonia and as a followup she had antibiotics full course....for the past fifteen days she was normal and from today morning she is having cold again...now i'm worried that the pneumonia has come again....plz help me friends.....is there any chance of pneumonia again within a month?...anyone had this kind of experience?...plz help me friends...
    regards,
    nithya.

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

3. anjukrishna

anjukrishna Senior IL'ite

dear nitya,

dont panic,do consult a good doctor.Do not delay.She will be alright.My 4yr old son had pneumonia last november.just as your girl,he had cold the very next month and doctor gave him antibiotics.You can give her orange juice during daytime(never give after 7pm).give her lots of fluids to drink.if possible do steam inhalation.I can understand you very well friend.dont worry.take care

anju

4. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi,

Once your child has suffered pneumonia then there are many chances for recurring cold and fevers even though she is treated with anti biotics. Dont panic visit the doctor. You can do one thing at home.
    Be careful to go out. Avoid going out during low temperature and in windy climate. You have to be careful for at least six months to get your baby back healthy. Keep restrictions on food strictly nothing from the fridge. Papaya works wonders for pneumonia. Try to feed her few pieces of papaya everyday.

tc

1 person likes this.
  5. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Padma
    Very good tip thanks for sharing