1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pneumonia

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by SouthGirl, Oct 21, 2011.

1. SouthGirl

SouthGirl New IL'ite

Dear all,

A small Intro on self.I am working in a reputed software company.A girl baby with 1.2 years old.My mom take care of my kid on my absence.She is not too fussy on foods or being around with my mom.

She have diagonsed penumonia recently & we treated her in hospital for three days.She is ok now.Now my question,pls let me know what are the pre cautions to be taken on this.Does it can repeat again.I feel guilty these days that I have not taken care of her properly.

Pls help

2. Siat

Siat Senior IL'ite

My dear Southgirl,
    pneumonia is caused by viruses, bacteriums or by fungal infections (and in some cases by chemicals or after circulatory disorders and some other non-infectional reasons) and mostly, if the pneumonia is cured, there aren´t any precautions, if there aren´t any complications! Because of the therapy in the hospital.
    In case of a pneumonia patients aren´t allowed to get home until the disease is cured, because of it´s high mortality.

Did the doctor said anything about complications or precautions?

On the question if it could happen again.
    Yes it can. Everybody can get sick with pneumonia, because there are different things who causes pneumonia.

So, don´t feel guilty. It isn´t Your fault that she was getting sick.

Wishing all the best for Your Mom!