plz share ur views and opinions

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by shrutidunwoody, Jan 15, 2010.

1. shrutidunwoody

shrutidunwoody Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends...

First of all a Very Happy New Year to all IL People... I read this forum regularly and really like the way people help each other like sisters, be it any problem...

I had put a post here some days back about a good ob gynec and some of u suggested me some good doctors also... But since the doctors were located a little far away, my husband searched one doctor near our area so that it is convienient for him to drive there in a short span of time during working days... So i also agreed to give it a try for his convinience...

So now my story... The doctor is a indian female doctor... She is a gynecologist. First of all she never attends on time... First day ,first visit when i had an appointment with her,she didnt speak to me and my husband in a friendly manner... Whereas we heard her laughing and being friendly with americans... Then we thought maybe it was the first day so maybe she was taking time to know us...

Second visit also i felt the same thing... In the sense she does not have a smile on her face

And yesterday was my third visit, i didnt feel like visiting her but i had some questions about ovulation... So i asked her doctor, as u know i have a cycle of 31days ,i checked opk from day 12 to day 20 but in between 15th and 16th day i could not manage to check but the regular opk showed the signs of ovulation whereas clearbloe digital did not...

For that she said very bluntly i dont know which kit is better , that u have to research on ur own ok... I cant say when u ovulated...

I was not expecting her to say when i ovulated but i just shared my problem with her... Can she atleast talk properly !!!!

And then she told me to go for hsg next month... I wanted to ask her that can we wait for another two months or so before the test as we have been ttc since only 3 months but i am married for 2 yrs and my age is 30..

But then i thought again she would talk in an inapproprite or rude manner...
    My husband is now thinking of changing my doctor as he too feels the same thing but i m still in two minds as i dont know whether all the indian gynecs act in the same manner or not..

Anyways plz give me ur suggestions whether i have to find another doctor ... Do all indian doctors behave in the same manner or should i go to a american doctor...

And plz can anyone suggest me a radiologist preferbly a female in dekalb , Atlanta incase i m planning to go in future

Sorry for writing so long... I wish each and everyone all the very best who are ttc... J ust believe in God.. He has miracles for everyone...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2010

2. tuliplady

tuliplady Gold IL'ite

In my opinion, it is very important to share a good rapport with your doctor and that you feel comfortable with him/her. If you cant share your concerns and anxiety with her and if your doubts arent being answered, its best to change your doctor. Also, are you specifically looking for an Indian doctor?

Just research online on sites such as ratemymd.com and find out which doctors people have recommended and their reviews. Does not matter then if the doc is Indian/American or some one else:)

3. shrutidunwoody

Hi tulip

Thank you for ur reply...ya ur right that if i m not comfortable with the doctor ,i should change...but one doubt is that i had pap smear test and one sonography done there for which she has not given us reports...If i say i dont want to continue,will she give me the reports ???

Moreover i dont want to undergo those tests again with the new doctor...

plz help me how do i tell her in a polite manner....:idea

4. sharanyadevi

sharanyadevi Gold IL'ite

Hi Shruti,
    I too was not satisfied with my dr to whom i was consulting earlier. So in between as per my friends advice we changed our gyneac.
    I went and told my old dr that i am travelling to India and my family dr wants to see all my reports, so i asked her to give the copy or the reports which they have..
    So just try that,, hope so it works...

5. lavanyag

lavanyag New IL'ite

Hi shruti,
    2 years back we stayed in atlanta.now we are in hyd.most of my friends went to "North side hospital" in dunwoody.i think she is indian but i didn't remember doctor name.i will search for doc name if i find i will mail u.
    bye

6. shrutidunwoody

Hi Sharanyadevi

Thank u for replying...Ya thats a wonderful idea...In that manner she would definetely give us the reports...I will call her after a week and tell her...Thanks and tc...

Hi Lavanyag

I have also heard a lot about the Northside Hospital...i guess her name is Anissa Duirairaj...But if u find out any other good doctors also plz let me know...And anyways i really appreciate u taking time to read my post...thanks and tc...

7. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Shruti,

Never gauge a doctor in terms of ethinicity. It is sooo untrue that Indians are more comfortable than Americans or that American doctors wouldnt understand what we want or what we are.

MEDICAL LANGUAGE IS JUST ONE ! Doctors are trained the same way and taught the same oath ALL OVER THE WORLD.

Always, check for the ratings on medical websites. Take word of mouth from few colleauges of your hubby ( including americans ) and then decide on your Gynec.

Also about the sonologist being a female.. nothing will matter when you get pregnant or want someone to peek in during emergency. ER doctors could be male who may check the cervix etc. if at all an emergency arises.. That time, the gender wouldnt matter at all.. All that will look important is the BABY ! :)

Never go with clouded thoughts about gender, ethinicity .. Your choice of having a female sonologist is alright and very natural.. But all I want to say is keep your mind open.

I go to an American Doctor and have had nooo problems at all. She is a sweetheart.

About your doctor giving the reports or trasferring it to your new gynec, SHE HAS TO ! She can never deny that , which if she does will simply put her into legal trouble. They cannot say no to you..

So, just look around for a good gynec with no ethinicity in mind.

Bext Luck..

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  8. Babydream

Babydream Senior IL'ite

Hi Shrutidunwoody,
    [JUSTIFY]
    I totally agree with what Preethi suggested.When you choose your next docter make sure you are comfortable and trust your docter ,then only continue with treatment.
    Regarding your reports you can always call your docter and ask for a copy of your reports ,that should not be a problem at all.My Gynec in Indian and RE is American ,I have no issues with them.I think it depends on individual how they behave irrespecitiva of being Indian or any other country.
    Usually when my RE asks me for some of my reports, I call my Gynec to fax my report to RE.I never had any problem doing it.Hope this info helps and all the best.
    [/JUSTIFY]

9. shrutidunwoody

Hi Dr Preeti and Babydream

Thank u all for giving me such wonderful suggesstions...I will definetely search for a good doctor this time...I too agree with u both and actually i also dont believe that indian doctors are more comfortable than american doctors...But since this was my first gynec visit in U.S. i and my husband just thought of giving it a try...

But now when i search i will see the reviews and comments ,based on that i will go forward...

Thank u so much preeti and babydream...God bless u both....

10. annavarapus

annavarapus Senior IL'ite

Hi Shruthi,

I agree with Preethi. Don't decide the doctor based on ethnicity.When I went for my first visit,even I was a bit hesitant for a male doctor.My DH explained me that it doesn't matter whether the Dr is male or female.We need not be so specific of visiting a female dr.Being a Dr is a profession and it's always the same with a male/female dr.I shed all my inhibitions thereafter and I always care for the compatibility and how comfortable I am with the dr.Regarding the reports ,The clinic is supposed to release the medical records anytime when the patient asks for it.They will not hold the reports under any circumstances.Dont you worry about the release of records.

You can check for the available GYN in the network of your insurance and check for the reviews of the dr.All the best.