1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

plz help me out with my query

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by neerudeep4444, Oct 5, 2010.

1. neerudeep4444

neerudeep4444 New IL'ite

hai friends,
    i have been trying to lose weight i m doing yoga too but no results are found. i am just thinking about taking a weight loss program in annos or vlcc. will that be benificial? are there any side effect? will i again gain weight after the progeram please help me

2. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Neeru,
    I ,personally, dont think VLCC and other weight loss programs are good. The moment you stopt hose you start to gain weight. My friend had this experience. Better is to moderate our diet and working out. What kind of asanas do you generally do? Try alternating with cardio workouts and yoga. Do some 12surya namaskars for start and then increase the count gradually to 100. Also check out many other threads in Keep Fit and maintain shape forum which will help you moderate your food intake and also workouts.

3. sansam

sansam New IL'ite

Hi Neeru, Please do not join vlcc or any program. I had joined vlcc 2 years back.I lost some 4 kg but after the programme I gained around 7 kgs.All the money down the drain.They ask us to eat so little that we are hungry all the time.We cannot keep eating like that all our lives. The moment we go back to normal eating ,all weight comes back.Only exercise and sensible eating will help lose weight.

4. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Hi Neeru,
    the best way to lose weight is by exercising start with simple brisk walking for 30 mins do not sdiet just reduce your fried foods, include more of fruits salads and greens in your diet, have your rice but in small quantity your dinner should be your lightest meal and your breakfast should be your heaviest meal of the day. Drink at least 2 litres of hot water and have fruits like water melon, papaya, apples etc.
    Hope i have helped you
    You can join us on the weight loss buddy thread and we shall all motivate you.
    love
    alpa:cheers

5. neerudeep4444

neerudeep4444 New IL'ite

hai ILites
    thanks ami, sansam and alpa. if that is the case with the weight loss programs. then i have been thinking of another alternative that, i want to do yoga asanas n a brisk walk in the morning and controll my food habits to salads n raw stuff n then in the evening ill do gym for half-n-hr or 1. will that be sufficient. will i be able to lose weight? can anyone tell me in how many months i can lose weight? n after losing would i have to continue the same routine forever?
    plz help me.
    thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):bowdown

6. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

7. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Neeru,
    weight loss actually depends on your body metabolism,you can loose weight in 4mpnths and even in a year it depends on you as well.
    first post your height, current weight and the desired weight you want.
    Neeru first you need to put in your mind that you want to loose weight and you will do it. Next start posting your diet here so i can help you out. Your breakfast should be the heaviest meal of the day and dinner the lightest, have lots of fruits and greens. First start with 30 mins of brisk walking, drink at least 2 litres of hot water through out the day, it will help you. In the gym join the aerobics class this will help you burn your fat and you will loose weight as well, also do cardio i nthe gym and some other exercises the trainer shall give you this will help you, once you will start doing this diligently you will see a result in a month.
    Neeru be patient with yourself and also visit us on the weight loss bussy thread and see how many people have lost weight in a few months no dieting just taking care of what you eat and exercises will help you.
    love

8. neerudeep4444

neerudeep4444 New IL'ite

hai alpa,
    thank u for u care n concern n ur help. my height is 5."2 n my weight is 63. n i want to be 45. till now i dint plan any diet so plz u tell me proper diet

9. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Neeru,
    45kg is under weight for your height your ideal weight should be 50kg and you slowly need to loose weight not a go, please visit us on the weight loss buddy you will get motivated there, post your daily eating an exercises there and i shall be able to help you, please visit that site as a lot of people have successfully lost weight and are maintaining it.
    hope this helps
    love

10. hardtolose

hardtolose New IL'ite

Hi Neeru,
    I joined vlcc 4 years ago, they would tell u to eat brown bread, roti, idli and fruits and vegetables. u have to keep a food dairy and u r supposed to walk for 45-60 min everyday. I used to stay in hostel so I couldnt get idli everyday or eat oil free food. What I did was I ate brown bread and fruits and vegetables for the first week and then started eating whatever the hostel provided but I controlled the portions and started adding fruits and sprouts into my diet and walked regularly. I lost 6 kgs. But I think that I did it my own way, vlcc was only there to weigh myself every two days and to be lectured about my weight, which is really expensive. I maintained the weight for 1 year but slowly gained it because I stopped walking and portion control. So my advise is just be determined and make changes to your diet and start walking.