1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

plz help...confused on baby caretaker

Discussion in 'Infants' started by gowriav, May 25, 2015.

1. gowriav

gowriav Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am having 7 months old baby and planning to join back to my office in a week.baby started solid foods as well.now my biggest confusion is on baby caretaker in my absence. As my office is out of city we took a rented house near to office temparerily apart from our own house where my in laws staying there on and off.now Both of our parents are ready to take care of kid.Me And DH thinking on 2 weeks shifts basis 2 weeks my parents and next 2 weeks DH parents on rotational basis up to one year.is that decision will practically workout? Or kid should be grown up with a single person? Experienced moms plz share ur thougts

2. Sivasakthigopi

Sivasakthigopi Gold IL'ite

Hi,

It is really tough for Kid. You new rented home near office is good. If she have any health issues you can visit her immediately. And Try to find home near any good 24 hrs baby care hospital.

To appoint a new care taker, it is good to leave her with your parents or Inlaws.

I left my son with my Inlaws. They take care of him well. In case if my Inlaws visit any functions, they leave them to my Sister (College going), My mum and father are working persons.

So keep your inlaws or parents with you, and leave kid with them. Occasionally provide your kid to your parents.

But two weeks parents and two weeks inlaws is not good idea.

Think yourself!

3. sumzaya

sumzaya Gold IL'ite

if one person takes the responsibility then babys routine can be recorded and can be given proper care . Even baby feels comfortable in communicating his own way to the person he/she see often.. so if shift baby care is so necessary then opt for one month shifts.. 2 weeks is tooo short time i guess... lucky u for getting such gud in laws and parents ready to take care of ur baby.... GOD bless...

4. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Sounds like a very good solution. Great that your inlaws and parents are willing to do it. You and your dh will anyway be the main caretakers.

1 person likes this.
  5. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

In my opinion,
    Two two weeks changing care takers is not good idea. Baby likes routines , and same people. Even stressful for u too explaining to them every few weeks. So first 6 months one side of parents , and other side only as visitors now and then. Next six months other side parents can take primary role, if they r so willing, otherwise continue the same as first 6 months.

still u and ur dh will be the primary care takers, the parents role is only in your absence, so that u don't miss those precious moments with baby.

6. mimmyme

mimmyme Gold IL'ite

Your baby is too small for rotation idea.
    Every two weeks things will change, which baby wont be comfortable with...

You are already blessed with lovely parents and in laws who are willing to take care of your baby....dont complicate it.

7. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

It will be all the time the same caregivers, not that you would change all the time. Baby will be comfortable as the grandparents are already familiar persons. It will also make it easier for the parents as they then have time to rest, take care of other commitments etc.

1 person likes this.
  8. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

It is a brilliant ideA. You and your child are fortunate to have people willing to pitch-in with reaching distance. It is great that the grandparents will also get a break every two weeks.

You our just need to be a bit prepared for the scenario - you put a routine in place. Give them utmost support like prepare baby food in advance etc. if you want control over what your child is being fed. Also make sure you have discipline rules in place and guide your folks gently.

Your child will will quickly get used to the rota of things changing every two weeks. I don't foresee the child having any problems with this at all as long as you ensure consistency.

9. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

You will also need to ensure that you give both sets of parents enough autonomy and nor get stressed by little differences that occur. You need toback off and let them be as far as the your broad guidelines are being followed.

10. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP

I agree with what everyone said. 2 weeks rotation is not at all a good idea. It will be confusing for your baby and stressful for both parents. Every one has different parent styles and I am sure they are not going to like each others way ..there might be small competition between them...so there would be stepping on toes..you know what I mean.

You are lucky that you have both parents ready to take care of your kiddo.
    Are they going to come and stay at your place for 2 weeks? I think let your baby stay at their place for a month so so before rotating to other. See what works for you. Sometimes, its trial and error.