1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Plz advice - Visa doubts

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by Polestar, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Polestar

Polestar New IL'ite

Hi friends,

Am 14 weeks pregnant. I Had previously suffered 2 m/c so, am very scared about this one. we decided to have my mother besides me for this pregnancy. But my husband wants his parents also to come here at the time to delivery to see the baby.. So, we are going to apply for both the parents.. I just want to know

1.Will there be any possibility for rejection to any of them if a single person sponsors for all 4 people(Mom, dad, MIL and DIL)

2. How much money in the account is safe to save for the visa sponsor.. As of now we have certain good amount in account..

I desperately want my mom to come for the pregnancy, as u all know how great it wud be to have our mom besides us during delivery.. So, I don want her Visa to get rejected for any cost... Plz help..

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Polestar, Congratulations!!!!

Do you mind removing the amount you have it int he bank??? You never know about the visitors.

I heard that it in God's hand. Some people get it without any problems.

Good luck.

1 person likes this.
  3. Polestar

Polestar New IL'ite

Thank you.. I just removed the amount.. :)

4. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Polestar,

Congratulations!!!!

We invited both side parents during my delivery at same time...they four travelled together in 2008 for my delivery..

As my parents had already passport, we sent them first for visa intereview...they got it some 3months before their travel.

Our inlaws passport has been applied and got little delay...so they went just 3weeks before their travel...we didn;t send all 4 at same time to interview..

My hubby only sponsored for them...so that wasn't problem for us..they got 10yrs visa.

My parents have prior knowledge, as they came here already for my sister's delivery in 2004...it was very easy&they guided my parents well in advance.

All the best.

1 person likes this.
  5. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

recently my SIL got visa for her parents(mom and dad)
    they came here already...
    again they have processed visa for her MIL and FIL..
    they got it...