1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

pleeeaaaseee!!!!!!! Please suggest me ways to combat my infertility coz of pcos...

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by 6teenpearls, Oct 5, 2012.

1. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

hello to all!!!

I am a patient having pcos with insulin resistence ( i dunnoe what it is.. !!??))

i am a little overweight & hence have anovulatory cycle ( no ovulation)..

Please any one here can suggest me a good 6 time meal diet in small proportion. Or ways to deal with the symptoms of pcod. I want to lose w8. I do walk & yoga in the morning. But the time span is not fixed. Sometimes it 15 mins or the other time it might get to an hour.

Plz advice me a healthy way of living so that i can cut on my weight & also my cycles get regular...!!!

Also can anyone suggest home remedies to help regularise my cycles, i know one being cinnamon.. Can anyone tell more with their experience..

Please ppl do respond me i am eagerly waiting for your replies....

Thanks..

2. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

Re: pleeeaaaseee!!!!!!! Please suggest me ways to combat my infertility coz of pcos..

hi pearl

Check if this website can help you
    PCOS - fatsoff

3. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

Re: pleeeaaaseee!!!!!!! Please suggest me ways to combat my infertility coz of pcos..

thankx SGA.. Sorry cudnt join u guys on the ''not so'' boring thread... i will check this url...

Again .. Nice sign.. Nothing new.. Your are always hilarious..!!! ;-)

4. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

thanks ..... even i have pcos with irregular periods

first of all reduce your stress ....
    second ....work on reducing your waistline ...ie 80% diet and 20% exercise
    third ... you need to do workout atleast 30min daily

For start you can try a alternate day diet ie one day reduce all oily and sweet stuff ...next day eat what you have normally

Hope this helps you

5. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Other things would help reduce carbohydrates.White rice is big NO-NO.eat more vegetables and protein.Include more nuts,fruits,egg,vegetables,brown rice in your diet.

If you are trying for pregenent Metformin will help you to get regular periods.Did you DR suggested Metformin.Without Metformin even though you maintain food,it's extermely hard to get regular perdiod.The key to get pregneny is to get regular periods.

Even I had PCOS .But for me Metformin worked well to get pregnent.And you got to be on your toes(means physically active most of the day).Then you see good improvement.

6. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

@SGA:: thanx sis!! I will keep all your points in mind .. I know why you pointed out for oily fried foods for me .. ( viewing my recipes in my thread.. All were oily.. He he)

@priya: yes my doc suggested me metforming. I am taking metformin ( obimet or glyciphage) 500mg twice daily. Can you tell what mg did you take during your ttc? Did this alone helped you to conceive?? How much time did it take for you to get PG.... Plz plz reply...

7. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

I don't know real composition of Metformin which I am taking.But I can check on it and reply later.
    During that time most important thing my Dr said was 500mg is less doss.They put me 750mg twice daily.

Yes Metformin worked alone for me.What is your daily schdule.The most important for metformin to work is your food and your acitivity level.if you do other things right then you could start getting regular periods.

Lot of people think IDLI is good but I don't prefer it because it had 2 portions of rice.
    So each and everywhere try to avoid rice.Eat more fiber,protein and fruits.And it will definitly works.

8. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

@priya

i am following a diet and exercise but still my periods are not regular :(

9. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

But I don't think you are taking Metformin :)

10. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

thanx priya.. Thnx for helping me.. I am a southie now married in a hyd. Family.. So rice is the main thing for dinner. I tooo cudnt resist without rice. I need it at least one time. But for baby at least i can do this bit.

I try to increase my fruits intake, & drink milk too but not always..

What else should i avoid or take as i am ttc..!!?