1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Please tell me am I on the right path? Please Please..... tell me....

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by rissy, Dec 3, 2011.

1. rissy

rissy Silver IL'ite

:hiya I really don't have bugs and time to go to gym and dieticians since they charge high for each sittings. So I have decided the following and please tell me will it help me or not? :?:

I am 30 female with hypothyroid and insulin resistance. Doctor prescribed thyronorm 50mcg and medicine for insulin resistence which i am taking regularly. I am following below schedule and diet since last 4 days so pls tell me is it right and if u think something I am doing is wrong or some improvement needed then tell me :-DBow

1) Every morning I wake up at 4 am & after brushing teeth first drink water kept in copper glass and then take thyronorm 50 mcg with one glass water
    2) then after one hour drink hot water with lemon then do some warm up.
    3) At 5 am I go for a brisk walk then 6 am to 7 am yoga and again walk for half hour then return to home and do some exercise which incl. sit ups and crunches and other hands and thighs exercise.
    4) Then after one hour of that I mix juice of bittergourd (karela)?
    5) After half hour of that I take mix juice of 6-7 Amla (Indian gooseberry), one big piece of peeled turmeric and little piece of ginger?
    6) after half hour I take 2 spoons of mung (kind of green beans) which were soaked raw overnight in water and take wet soaked 5 almonds which were soaked in milk overnight.
    6) Then after half hour take one fruit apple or orange as breakfast
    7) then go to office and btw. 2 pm to 3 pm lunch and in lunch only 2 Rotis of not wheat but of oatmeal floor without salt and cooked vegetable with only one spoon oil and little salt & spices and salad of tomato and cucumber. I don't like dal in tiffin so before going to office I take one cup of cooked dal (in cooker) and instead of blending it and cooking it with oil and spices I add little bit jaggery (like some do in making puran puri) and have that dal.
    8) Between meals one orange
    9) Pulav with mixed vegetables like tomato, capsicum, mutter, grated turia and other vegetables except of non-jain and not good for thyroid like (cauliflower, cabbage, brocolli, spinach etc.) After half hour I take bottlegourd juice
    10) I go for walk at 9 pm night for half hour
    11) I eat minimum of 7-8 indian gooseberries throughout the day.

I don't take any food not good for hypothyroid and also don't take sugar, bananas:banana, grapes and chickoos, and ghee and any other dry fruits and also avoid milk and curd. I don't incl cheese and paneer in diet as they contains fat and available here in pasturized form. So whatever I am taking and doing is enough. Whenever I am thirsty I only take warm water. Apart from anything mentioned above I don't take anything. I feel since last 4 days I had reduced one kg and I am feeling that my body has become light. Should I continue this & any precaution or improvement needed in this. If you think I need then pls suggest. :bowdown
    Forgot to mention - I am pure vegetarian and only take jain diet and don't take eggs. I take medicines of hypothyroid and insulin resistance as prescribed.
    :thankyou2:

2. rissy

rissy Silver IL'ite

78 views but no reply.

3. JothiSaravanan

JothiSaravanan New IL'ite

i really appreciate your dedication and sincerity on your health conscious. Definetly this should help but did you check with your doctor?

4. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hi Rissy,

You are putting great efforts for being healthy!Kudos to you:clap
    Your food is very balanced...include lots of fresh fruits and vegetables..

Everything in your plan looks perfect.Btw you did not mention how much you weigh and your height..

Weight loss is a slow journey..Keep faith and adopt a healthy life style for life time..

All the best to you!

5. tinku

tinku Silver IL'ite

Hi there,
    Great that you are plannning and executing a healthy intake through out the day. But my point is Indian women are more prone to bone defieciencies. After 35, women need more calcium including others too. So if you are avoiding Paneer, curd, milk etc, you can definitely do so. But see that you take them atleast once in a month - all the three.

You must have heard many Indian women have arthritis. Its very common to see someone with this disease in a small circle of people here. So take calcium tablets or include those foods rich in calcium.

One more item thats good and need to be consumed is the spinach. We all know that it has immense benefits and you can take it in any form or as sabji with some roti.

Avoiding fats is good, but the dieticians stress more on protein in-take. SO you can try protein rich foods like soya, tofu etc too if you are avoiding eggs and dhal.

With your above post you can include all these occassionally.
    Otherwise your chart is good.

1 person likes this.
  6. rissy

rissy Silver IL'ite

Thanks spuppala

My weight is 85 kgs, I think it become 83 kg as I am feeling my body light and my height is 5 feet

Actually, before two and half year my weight used to be 63 kg still I was considered overweight. Though weight was not more but my lower ab and waist was bigger so I was always looking fat. I have a tendency that during tension or anxiety I increase wieght. Also if there is any event for eg: If I know I have to go to marriage or any social function then I feel my weigth is increased and I feel very heavy inside myself. I think I have a social anxiety. After getting engaged my wieght was increased by 67 kgs and after marriage it use to fluctuate between 67=68 kg. Then just after four months of marriage I got seprated that was two years ago & at tht time weight become 63 kg. But since last one and half year, my weight increased more than 20 kgs. Probably due to thyroid. I really want to reduce it now within two three months

7. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Everything looks good except this.Don't stress out yourself.Reducing 2-3 kgs per month is healthy.More than that is not healthy reducing.

With your schedule,if you are exhausted,slow down.Everyone can be aggressive initially but you need to make a plan which you can maintain in longer run.

Give yourself 1 year to reduce the weight.Sure you can do it because you have all good habits but just slow down and do it.

Even same thing happened with me.By the tike I relaise I have thyroid,I gained so much weight.

Other thing,I would suggest,you need to really check it out the medicine dose is right for you.You may need to go blood test every 3months at-least initially until it get stabilised.So keep watch on your thyroid.Once you get right medicine then you should able to reduce with weight.But don't stress out.

8. rissy

rissy Silver IL'ite

Thanks Priya for reply, Now friends, I am continuing with my diet and daily exercise. Mainly I go for a walk and also do ab exercise like situps and crunches and aerobics at home. Now I have lost 4 kgs. My face and neck become smaller which is good, and I am losing fat from the area above chest (below neck) and from my upper back and arms but I am not losing a single inch from my waist and lower ab. What do I do that fat reduce from all the area proportionately.

9. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

Kudos to you rissy
    join my forum of april 2012 for food diary so we can exchange ideas and support each other.