1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please Suggest What Should I Do ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by neel2244, Feb 21, 2017.

1. neel2244

neel2244 New IL'ite

Hi all,

I have been separated from my wife from last 1.5 years. My wife went to her parent house with baby by promising me that she will return in 10-15 days. last Sunday, we had a meeting with her parents and relatives along with mine. She doesn't want to live with me and nor ready for amicable divorce. I can't pay the amount that they are asking. How long will it take to get divorced if not mutual.
    Please suggest what can i do as no legal things has been started. We had only one meeting with them till now.

2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

You would surely be knowing the reasons why your wife does not want to live with you. What were the issues involved? It is surprising when you say she went with the baby promising to return soon and just stayed away for more than 1.5 years. If you are not at fault at all here, your clear option is to get hold of a very good advocate proceed with divorce. You can insist on no compensation to be paid etc if the fault is entirely hers and you have proof of the same.

3. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Lawyers would usually give you a first meeting for free. Meet a few, describe your case, ask all your queestions, listen very carefully to what they say, take notes etc..., and learn. And then decide your best course with the chosen legal representative.
    Divorce is not the end of the world. You have already had one for a year and a half, and managed your life.

4. bron

bron Silver IL'ite

why she is away from u for the past 1.5 years??and what exactly is the problem between you both??

5. neel2244

neel2244 New IL'ite

In past, I bring her back 2 times. IT was a long story.. i don't want to go in detail. She threatens me with dowry law,
    and many laws and uses abusive language for my family from day one. This time things becomes so messy. I cant pay them the amount they asked for divorce.

6. bron

bron Silver IL'ite

but how can suggest or advice what to do without knowing anything or knowing anything vague??did u consult an advocate?