1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

please somebody suggest me which Oven toaster broiler is best in USA

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by srimaauro, Jan 22, 2012.

1. srimaauro

srimaauro Senior IL'ite

Dear IL in Bay Area,

Please suggest which oven toaster griller is best in USA. Please specify the brand

Thanks in advance:help

2. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

Black & Decker as well as Hamilton Beach offers a wide variety of toaster ovens. I would anytime go for a 6-slice, 60 mins timer, pizza enabled, toaster than a smaller size, just because it gives me an option to cook a little bigger batch as well. I wouldn't go for anything bigger, as we already have an oven with the cooking range.

Have been planning to buy one for a few days now. One of my neighbours got "Black & Decker TRO480BS Toast-R-Oven 4-Slice Toaster Oven", and she likes the performance of it, while gets bothered about the smaller size of it.

Let us know, what you buy :)

3. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

Just an update..

I finally bought a "Black & Decker CTO4500S Convection Oven, 6-Slice Countertop". I like the Stainless steel finish. Looks awesome, and does a wonderful job.

Have made Dhumm Biriyani, Pizza, garlic bread, brownie, cake etc.. Does wonders !.

Saves on utility bills as well !!

PS : The Range oven in our apartment is a gas oven.

4. srimaauro

srimaauro Senior IL'ite

Dear IL,

Thank you so much. I am yet buy one. I tried cookies, cake in gas oven it came out well. But I am not so happy with crispy nature of cookie and it took long. Please suggest me if you tried one in yours.

Thanks

Durga

5. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

Have not tried cookies Durga. Will let you, if I try a batch. Sorry, couldn't update u now..

Cheers,
    JM

6. ZenSojourner

ZenSojourner Silver IL'ite

Srimaauro, if you want to bake in a toaster oven, you will generally be pretty disappointed with your results - they're not made for that. The only one I know of that might suit such a use is a Breville model that costs a couple of hundred dollars.

Either will bake well, but I would only suggest buying if you have a space problem and can't have a full size oven. Or lots of money and don't have to worry about economy, LOL! There are lots of cheaper toaster ovens but they're for making toast or heating things up or making cheap crummy frozen pizzas. Very few of them are any good for baking, and those aren't the cheap ones.

Instead why don't you tell me the recipe you used, the oven you are using, what temps you baked at, and what cookie sheets you used, and I can help you figure out how to make your regular oven do what you want it to do, instead of buying a toaster oven that's not really intended to bake in. The problem may not be with the oven at all, but something about the recipe or your process.

I've been baking for nearly 50 years - I can help you if you'd like.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2012
  7. ZenSojourner

ZenSojourner Silver IL'ite

OK the two models that got taken out - I mean I guess I understand taking the actual link out but the text too? Anyway they're both Breville models, you can look them up on the Breville website which is Brevilleusa dot com. The models that you can actually bake in are:

Breville BOV800XL The Smart Oven 1800-Watt Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ about $250
    Breville BOV650XL Compact 4-Slice Smart Oven with Element IQ about $180

There are probably some other brands that would work to bake in but these are the only ones COnsumer's reports recommended.

There are other cheaper toaster ovens, but all they do is toast, really. Baking is really best done in the regular oven.

8. srimaauro

srimaauro Senior IL'ite

Hi IL,

I am so happy that you are ready to help me.

I followed chitvish mam crecent cookies and added some brown sugar in it. Only that is the change I did. It didnt come out properly.

Then I tried to make as per cookie book by mixing butter,flour,oats and raising with egg and baking salt. Nothing happend either it comes very soft or too hard to bite. Never came the way I want it. I want it to be crispy,goldern brown,

Third time I tried to make from self raising flour and cookie came out as flat cake toooooooooooo spogy
    :)
    :(

Please help me...thanks in advance

9. Dolly_Lite

Dolly_Lite Bronze IL'ite

ZenSojourner,

I have been looking for a toaster oven primarily to roast vegetables & making chips for my daughter. I live in arizona where it gets really really hot during summer which puts me off from using the full size oven. I am wondering if it is a good idea to get a countertop toaster oven for small batches. Please suggest