1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please share Sashtiapthapoorthi wedding-experience

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by chitrajaraika, Jul 5, 2011.

1. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

Hi my dear friend

My fil going to cross the age 60.Hence we planned to celebrate Sashtiapthapoorthi and to keep this function coming year.if you share yours 60th year marriage ceremony ,ideas and suggestion.it may help us to plan and how to celebrate it.what are the things we need to buy and do for it.My dh was aware of such things.so if you people helped me or guide me it may help me a lot to proceed too.Because my dh may be in abroad at that time not for sure.if i am going to handle it means i dont know how to do these things

please pour your valuable ideas and suggestions friends.

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Soniya,

When is DH going out of the country? 60th birthday is just like wedding- but celebrated in different way in different community. First you have to find out that. We didn't have any celebrations. Mostly they do it for men, but my friend turned 60 few months back, she had a big religious ceremony etc. In some families, the mangalsutra and sari must come from mother's side like your MIL's brother and some families sons take the responsibilities. So ask your in laws family. Good luck in arranging the function. Doe syour DH have brothers or sisters? If so, ask them too.
    Good day!!!!
    CL

3. chitrajaraika

coffee lover my dh was first son and he has very younger daughter she very younger than us.my mil wont have idea or knowledge about these things because of her surroundings.My dh family belonging to naidus so i dont know their rituals.one more thing is each one saying different concepts.so i planned to get suggestion from you all and planned to mingle it and going to do it.

my dh told he may go for abroad but not sure its also in a big oscillations only 3-4 months are there.if you all help me i will implement with a differnt concept.

already everyone give some suggestion for sil valagapu which helped me a lot for me.Hence i again need of this marriage help dear

4. priyasaki

priyasaki Gold IL'ite

Soniya,

u have mentioned ur IL's are naidus...
    there are many sub categories like balija naidu, kammavar naidu, gavara naidu...
    since you r in madurai i guess it is gavara naidu...
    Pls mention that also, so that others can help you...

5. Swashika

Swashika Silver IL'ite

Hi soniya,

We did plan and celeberated our in laws 60th anniversary..

It was very simple...

Thirukadaiyur is the best place to celeberate this Sashtiyapthapoorthi..

So the day before we went to Thirukadaiyur. Booked a room..

In the temple office if u enquire they will let u know the details....

from home take thaali, new pattu saari and new shirt, dhothi for ur inlaws...

other than that things u need for the stay..

other than that everything will be arranged by the Kurukal..

The total cost for the Kurukal, Pooja,Homam, Pooja things, will cost u only 8000 to 10,000..

if u plan to call ur relatives and give break fast and lunch then that will be etc..

this is my personal experience...

6. chitrajaraika

thanks for your suggestion coffe liver so sweet of you

7. Mahanu

Mahanu Silver IL'ite

Hi Chitrajaraika,

Consult your IL's relatives - close and distant, preferably, who have had their Shashtiabdha Poorthi or have conducted one for their parents or inlaws, since such celebrations differ from community to community and even family to family, within the community.

If you are getting different versions, take the common things in them first, and them add other things you like or you can afford or those convenient for you people.

The other option is to have it conducted in Thirukadaiyur, as someone had said already. I think they follow a standard format there for all the communities, since it is done in temple.

Good luck.

8. chitrajaraika

Thanks priya dear i will enquire about it dear

9. chitrajaraika

swashi dear

thanks for your detailed explanation.will say this information to my dh

10. vishnupriyathan

vishnupriyathan New IL'ite

I just need to know,weather can we do this sastiyapthapoorthi after 65 years... ll u pls clarify my doubt...