Please pray for my little Juliet.....very depressed.

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Paulina, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear friends,

Deeply distressed to inform you that my pet Julie is very ill.She is 14 years old and much more than a very senior citizen and her health is deteriorating gradually.
    The Vets say it is a cardiac problem and we can only give her medications to make her comfortable .The inevitable has to be accepted and when the final call comes from the Maker above , we are helpless.
    She was well till 5 days ago .She has a very bad cough really rasping dry hoarse sound all the time due to heart enlargement as seen in the X ray .
    It is really tough to watch pets suffer after you have them for so many years.
    I'm very pre occupied taking care of her ,and giving the medicines is a very difficult process as she spits it out often.
    I know her time is nearing and I only pray that she will not have pain as she departs for happy hunting grounds.

2. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dear Paulina,

Sad to hear the plight of Juliet. I hope she recovers and proves the meds wrong as there have been cases where determination prevails over death.

I hope she is relieved from her pain very soon ,and I can understand how traumatic it must be for you to see her in this condition.

Please take care and my prayers are with Juliet to make her struggle less painful.

3. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Dear Paulina,

Will definitely pray for Juliet's health... Could feel the pain in your words. Do take care of her !

With love..

4. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Dear Paulina,

My Prayers to the Almighty for Juilet, I can relate to the pain which u are undergoing. It shrinks ur heart out to see ur Pet suffer .

God bless her and Do take care of urselves.

5. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Paulina

My sincere prayers for Juliet to recover soon... or if God wills, the end should be peaceful.

Having gone through the pain of Jeff's death, I can imagine what you must be going through.

I pray that all turns well

Bhooma

6. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

O.M.G.......so sad...... I had this kind of experience already....after that no pets....can feel your agony....prepare your heart & mind to absorb the reality of life.....Praying for God's wish........

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  7. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Dear Paulina,
    Nothing will happen to your pet.
    She'll be back to normal soon. Even my pet has the same cough as your pet. Is juliet is a labarador breed?

You mentioned about giving medicine to your pet..Try this way.

Powder the tablet and give him through a syringe. Get a syringe . remove the needle. If its 2.5 ml or 5 ml syringe, take water upto 2ml or 4.5 ml and mix it in powdered tablet. Then lift your pet up or you hold him in your hands. Close her mouth tightly with your hands and lift his mouth slightly in upward direction. Just ask someone to pull up her jaw (sideway) and then inject the medicine and close his mouth till she finish off his medicine.

8. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Dear Paulina,

I definitely pray for your beloved Juliet. I can feel your pain. It just shatters us to see our pets suffering. I have gone through this too.

9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Paulina,
    Only weeks back you were talking about Juliet in the 'World's oldest dog' thread..
    I am very sad to read about her..you said it right...it is very hard to see our pets suffer in front of our eyes..I had that experience too..
    Be brave...He will take of everything which is best for Juliet..
    Will definitely pray for her!

sriniketan

10. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

I can relate :( had gone through it twice :(...

Don't worry, just be with her and make things comfortable as much as you can. He's there and he will take care of everything.

God Bless