1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please Help

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by kshema, Sep 28, 2016.

1. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

My baby he is 2 1/2 years don't play with toys. Alys wants to go out and jumping running in Steps. Or dancing for song is the only indoor game... if I give toys or building blocks he will sit for minutes and throw them everywhere in house..
    Just he started talking.. please tell me how you people make your toddler engage..

2. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

He is 21/2 already, why cant you start sending him to Play school, this way he will be happy playing with other kids. will learn of activities, will enjoy other kids company.
    Take him to park,

Start tricycle.

Start doing interesting stuff like playing and reciting rhymes, coloring

3. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Children typically need to see others song something before they get interested in doing it.

I had toys strewn around my home, when mine became a toddler but i was annoyed she didn't play with anything particularly. When my child was 18 months old, my mum came. Every day, she'd sit and just play with lego as my child was bouncing around. Within 10 days, my child started showing interest building towers! It amazed me that everytime my mum would use a new toy, she would pick it up soon after. She would explore and pay attention to it.

So you playing with the toys will help a huge deal. Even today my school-goer would play her instrument the second I start on it or bring her own book when I pick mine up or insist on playing on the ipad if I were on my gadgets! Good or bad,she mimics.

meepre likes this.
  4. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

They are copy cats.. Mine too do the same most of the time

5. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Give chalk pieces, different colors let him scribble outside varandah areas.
    Buy age appropriate & learning toys by looking at amazon categories, just pick type of toys and you can buy that category toys in your local store or online.
    ex: music toys, like a toy piano, with recorded tunes. or blowing bubbles or a board book with touch sensitive areas, coloring book and small crayons or finger paints

Just sit and you do these things, your kid will show interest as @guesshoo said

6. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

Thanku all. I will try as you all said..

7. niriha

niriha Bronze IL'ite

My toddler doesn't play with toys..we stopped buying him toys.. But he likes to help me a lot
    These are the Few things we do together

Making chapathi dough. Yeah u will have a lot of flour in the floor but its fine for me as my LO had fun all the way..

Cutting veggie.. I have a small cut board for him and a plastic knife.. I give him the waste veggies or the unwanted area in veggies and he Used to cut it

Washing veggies.. Yeah water so lots of fun for the kid..

U can ask him to help(?)like this..
    They will feel like big helpers
    Regards,
    Niriha

kshema likes this.
  8. meepre

meepre Gold IL'ite

Thanks Guesshoo, This really helps. Will surely try to follow it.