Please Help - Very Urgent !eye Mask Fell Off During Blue Eyes Phototherapy For Jaundice .

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by ashima10, Mar 26, 2017.

1. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I gave birth to little angle last Monday through c sec after being in labour for like 24 hrs ...

All is well , today my little one's bilirubin count came a little higher than normal and was recommended phototherapy session through blue light.
    She is given a eye mask to protect her eyes ... I asked the nurse what happens if that comes off she was like she hasn't seen such case so far , she didn't say anything about light being dangerous or Not .
    My baby was constantly crying inside and has to be given pacifier . I was holding her hands trying to talk to her and suddenly for a like 5 secs gazes my turn away and when I saw her again her eye mask was gone , she removed it .
    Needless to say I called everyone from nurse to child doc on duty . All said it wnt affect my baby ' eyesight . Iam so damn worried now . Can't sleep . Her eye tests are after two weeks and doc on dirty assures it will be fine . But I just can't sleep .
    Aniyone has any idea on this ? Ladies please please please help .

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@ashima10 - Congratulations on the little princess! Welcome to parenting.

Regarding the eye mask, my son was under the lights with preemie jaundice for two weeks. During that time his eye mask had been pulled off many times. So far, his eyesight is perfect, despite the fact that Mom, Dad and Sis are all wearing corrective lenses. Don't worry, she's going to be just fine.

Have fun with her.

sbonigala, Amica, Ragavisang and 4 others like this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Ashima,

Hearty congratulations. Enjoy your little bundle of joy and welcome to motherhood. All will be well.

4. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for your words ! We are at hospital now making rounds of sleep alternatively .
    Mr already fought with management , they said is not harmful it's led but he said it's not.
    Will have another's word with another doc tmrw too. Her eyesight test will be two weeks later, till then Iam gonna be like this .
    Thanks @Laks09 and @Srama for responding , I was so desperate that I wanted to tag all active members at this hour . Randomly.
    Thank you.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    Amica, Laks09, Rihana and 2 others like this.
  5. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

IMG_4169.GIF Congratulations Ashima.

Amica, Laks09, Rihana and 2 others like this.
  6. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you ! I haven't been able to respond to many msgs here thinking I will respond better with ease and time ... but IL has really been kind .
    Your greetings is same as one I got from office :)
    Do pray for my little one :)

Amica, Rihana and jskls like this.
  7. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Sure! All will be well. Don't worry. Your little one has the blessings of the almighty. Enjoy your new bundle of joy

Amica, Rihana and ashima10 like this.
  8. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Doree likes this.