1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please help - Uncommunicative Husband

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by amri24, Feb 8, 2012.

1. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

:D lol Its funnier cos I'm still doing it..he he

2. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Amri24,

Do you guys go out often? Away from home on a weekend or a trip?
    Try to do that every now and then. Go to friend's places or relative's places just to visit - his or yours, does not matter. When men see others, just like kids, they learn too.

When we got married, my husband too had these problems..only that he did not want to talk to ANYONE! He'd just shut down and only when I nag he'll notice me. Else he was happy that I had my own business to keep busy with. I did not have anything to do on my own and I just sat and beat myself for the bad times.

BUT we moved to an apartment with loads of people around recently. I pestered him to go on trips with me or with friends and what he saw around him changed him a lot. Visiting his friends too made a difference cos he'll get to see what a couple and their immediate family would function like. My friends also said this crowd around them is the reason their husbands too got a glimpse of what works and what does not.

If your husband is going to be stuck at home with his mom and sis filling up his head, nothing will change. Let them do that. But on the side, you start drawing him out. It will definitely help.

3. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    Even my ex used to share some private things to his mother..without me knowing on phone..
    Talk to ur husband that he is a grown up man and details abt all thos can be known through websites instead of asking mom.. dont hurry for kids right away.. as far as i feel thr is no harm in giving some part of salary.

4. Shilpa23

Shilpa23 Senior IL'ite

I am also sailing in the same boat.I came to know about my husband's behaviour through my parents .He was spending hours together on sundays by communicating weekly with his sister,whenever I used to enter that room he used to send me away.I never misunderstood him as I trusted him blindly.Somehow their parents came that we didn't have intimacy on first night day.My inlaws even know when we have planned for kids.They know everything about fight we (me and my DH)had from these 4 yrs.They were discussing everything that has happened these 4 yrs with my parents.Moreover my inlaws are threatening me and my parents that ,they tell these issues to my relatives.My DH threatened my dad that he will ask my uncle regarding this issue.If I question this issue then he will become against and tell the whole story to my inlaws .So I am keeping quite for sometime.My parents said they will handle this issue .I haven't shared any intimacy issues even to my mom.But my inlaws have questioned my parents regarding everything.I am just waiting for time.Let them enjoy the fun as they are getting old I too will get time to sit and enjoy their downfall.I am doing my duties as a wife and not revealing any family secrets and bad mouthening my husband and his parents.I am showing my patience towards this matter.I left this to my parents ,they are going to deal this issue tacticaly.

1 person likes this.
  5. ramyavenkat

ramyavenkat New IL'ite

So good to hear that you have your parents for your support.I pray god to solve your issues very soon and give you a happy life!!