1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Please Help! Stopped Depression Meds And Feeling Low

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by ShabnamF, Apr 6, 2017.

1. ShabnamF

ShabnamF Gold IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I have not been taking my depression meds lately as they were changed and the new ones are causing an upset stomach. I am looking for a little support here.
    I feel very low and have been crying every morning because I don't want to face another day.
    I don't want to kill myself but as every second passes I am thinking more and more about ending my life.
    I know I should talk to my doctor about changing my meds but I am just tired of everything. I just don't have it in me. I am tired of doing this all alone.
    I am dealing with other health issues too and I am just tired. TIRED.
    I know I should seek help and posting here is the best I can do right now.

Please HELP!

2. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

@ShabnamF ,

Hugs my friend!. life can such a b***h ...

I know you have been on depression meds for a while. Why were they changed - was it to wean you off? Stopping depression meds abruptly can be disastrous - no wonder you are feeling so low. Please be a good girl and take them now. If you keep feeling so low how will you be able to work towards coming out of this?

Is there someone you can meet and talk who will not judge you? Reach out to them as you have here.

Please talk to your doc at the earliest. Can you also go for counselling, it might help you sort out your fears and desperation ?

ShabnamF likes this.
  3. ShabnamF

ShabnamF Gold IL'ite

Doc said he is putting me on some mood lifting meds. He asked me to continue taking old meds till they last along with the new ones. The new ones not just upset my stomach but my mood as well. I started feeling very low n negative and had nightmares.
    There is no one I can talk to. My friends who initially supported me are unable to understand why I am still depressed. They have started giving me suggestions on how I should stop thinking that I am depressed. So I chose to not talk about it with anyone, it's easier to fake that I am happy than to explain someone why I am not.
    I just don't have it in me anymore to see my Psychiatrist or my Psychologist. I am TIRED of all this. EXHAUSTED.

4. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

Do you want to talk ? I know of an excellent counsellor in chennai who handles skype and phone consultations. She speaks hindi and english. I can set you up with her and she can help you today. Do you want me to do that ?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hugs @ShabnamF
    One of those days. Didn't they give any tummy soothers. See if drinking coconut water, regular water helps. Talk to your doctor about it love.

I wouldn't say stop crying and chin up. Cry if if feels better but how about dressing up and getting out for a change, not to work but to somewhere you feel good. How about meeting people who would need your help rather than you needing theirs.

You want to look at splashing paints on some canvas. Will it be soothing.

Are why don't we have a thread in community chit chat and have some fun. Random fun. Whoever is online will pitch in with you, will it help.
    Loads of hugs love. You are a strong beautiful person. The day is 1/4 gone, we will help you through the rest. Tomorrow will be a fresh day

curiousgals78, dc24, bhucat and 3 others like this.
  6. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

@ShabnamF has your doc agreed to change your meds ? You need to speak to your doctor immediately. This needs to happen today. Can you please tell your doctor what you just shared - the drug side effects, nightmares, thoughts of suicide and low mood.

Would you be able to do that ?

vaidehi71 likes this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I agree with @madras2018 about talking about the meds side effects. Medixines are supposed to help you not make it more taxing. It is worth the effort only if the advantage of taking then overrides the sideeffects.

Can you call them. I know it frustates to call and ask but you need to.. come on cAll and update us

8. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Are you at work, Can you do as advised by madras2018 now?
    Just gather the strength to do this, please?

9. ShabnamF

ShabnamF Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much guys. Right now I am crying and I just cannot stop. Need a few minutes to gather myself. Please.

madras2018 and Shanvy like this.
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Aw love. It is ok. But how about calling and if the doctor is known sending an sms stating your side effects

ShabnamF likes this.